Topic: Ideas for next years Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month

Cant start too early....

I was trying to find the weather forecast and the site I went to had webcams around the city. While I was showering (that is where I do most of my cc thinking) I thought it would be an interesting idea to have a specific date and time where people around the world held signs infront of the public webcams to raise awareness of cc. I bet it has never been done before, so I think we could even apply for a world record for it...which would mean that in every city someone participated in, the local paper could write a story about "local cancer patient earns world record".  Anyway....just a thought.

Then I thought about people who have ebay accounts could auction something on the site with the money going to the foundation.

Dont know if these are good ideas or not. I will let you know if I get any more inspiration in the shower.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: Ideas for next years Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month

Kris....I love your thoughts especially the one's derived in the shower.  We do need more awareness brought to this cancer and we need all the help we can get.
Keep it coming.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

These are great ideas!! big_smile

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kris, these do sound wonderful.  Here's to taking more showers!

Linda Z.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

5 (edited by Sara Sun, 06 Jun 2010 11:47:03)

I love it, Kris!  I'm not sure how to chase down the webcams, though.  There must be hundreds positioned around Houston, but how to pick the right one?  Maybe we can brainstorm this a bit.

I am planning a fun run in Houston for the awareness month.  I think it would be great if the community developed local events during February to help raise awareness.

30-something caregiver

Hi Kris,

That is a good idea and I know that it is something that I could do here in Dundee. My dad spent his whole life working for the company here in Dundee that make the local paper, and I know one of the journailsts that work for that paper. He and my dad got on great with each other and I know he would help out. His father in law was also diagnosed with CC not long after my dad was so that would be another reason for him to help raise awareness.

Also, I manged to get my name entered into the ballot for next years London Marathon in April. And if I get accepted into the race then I will run and hopefully raise some money and awareness for the CCF. I will find out in October if I have been accepted to run the marathon, so please everyone keep your fingers crossed that I get in!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Let me know if you come to London, Gavin - I'll come & cheer you on to the finishing line!!!!! x

Will do Julia! I don't find until October if I have been accepted or not, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Will do, Gavin!! x

Just had another thought....
Does Barbara Walters show The View still have matching coffee mugs for their guests and hosts to use? Perhaps sending them a mug set for Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness with our logo would be an interesting idea. Even if they only drank coffee out of it on one day, how many people would that reach?

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

I like the mug idea Kris.  I think that would work.  I haven't seen the show in a while, but recently, they still used matching mugs on the set.

Linda

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
it's about learning how to dance in the rain."