Topic: Good News

3 years to the day that my husband was "opened and closed" at Washington Hospital Center in DC, and he was given a terminal diagnosis, he was scanned at Johns Hopkins and pronounced" cancer free" by his oncologist there. He has been clear for 2 years since his surgery at Hopkins. Thank you Lord, Dr. Sharfman, and Dr. Choti! There is hope.

Re: Good News

Congratulations.  You are not only spreading some fantastic news, but you are also making the point in that the need for several, expert, opinions is absolutely necessary when confronted with this disease. 
Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

WOW!  WOW! WOW!  Now that's what I'm Talkin about. We are overjoyed and highly elated to hear this news. Keep up the good work. Take that CC your NOT going to get the better of us! I would go scream from the rooftop but there has been a Mountain Lion in our neighborhood for a month now and I don't want to draw attenion to myself! (True about the Lion)

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Wabals,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing this great news with us all!! I am looking forward to hearing the good news continue for you. As you say, there is hope.

Best wishes to you and your husband,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thank you Wabals for this great news.  It gives me hope for the second and third opinions we are seeking for my mum.
Congratulations and best wishes to you and your husband.
Jemima

We found out that it really does matter where you are treated. A good community oncologist may not be able to handle CC. Don't take "no" for an answer and get the best treatment available.....and pray a lot! Thanks for all the kind responses.

Thanks for the bit of hope for others here Wabals.

Take care and may it all continued good for you both.

Linda Z.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!  I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! THANKS FOR SHAREING THIS WITH US!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  HUGS!!!

I lost my incredible husband Dave to CC February 13th, 2011 after a 2 year battle.  He leaves behind a legacy that will never be forgotten..I will miss you forever.

Thank you, Wabals!!  Great to hear such good news big_smile

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wabals,

Thanks for sharing this great news. Just what we like to hear....

Wishing you all the best,

Katie

... Hey, Lainy ... a Mountain Lion???  Wow!!!

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My father was just opened and closed.  He is taking the diagnosis very hard.  Can you share what treatment your husband received?