Topic: Do you have days like this?

I had one of those days.  I had an appointment early in the morning.  My alarm clock let me down. It did not ring. Quickly I got dressed and rushed to my car, opened the garage door only to realize that I was blocked in.  One of my kids had parked directly behind me.  I woke him up (of course, he was grouchy) waited for him to move his vehicle and headed towards town. Coming around the curve I noticed a large backup of cars.  The road had been blocked off, turned around, took the longer route and finally arrived for my appointment.  Although, a few minute too late, I found it still to be acceptable.  (Well, with a good excuse that it.) Unfortunately, my appointment had been cancelled and my answering machine did not pick up the message.  Only later did I find out that a car had hit a power pole which in turn cut electricity to a fairly large area including, the one I live in. 
I chuckled when reading a bumper sticker:

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Do you have days like this?

Sounds like a stressful day Marion! Not had a day like that in a long time myself! We seem to get quite a few power cuts here that last for anything up to a few hours, the last one happened in the hours leading up to the world cup final, grrrr! But thankfully it was resolved just before kick off!

A couple of times my power went off during the night and meant that my radio alarm did not go off and wake me up. So like you, it got binned and is now replaced with a battery alarm and as a back up, I also use an old fashioned wind up one. Having 2 old style alarms seems to work much better now, and with having 2 alarms go off each morning, I can't use the excuse of not hearing them!

Hope you have a better day today!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Marion, what a disappointing day.  Ugh.  Those are the kinds of starts to a day that can put me in a foul mood for a long time and no matter how hard I try I can't shake out of it.  I hope you fared better than that and I hope that today is a much, much better day.

Modern conveniences and technology are so fantastic but when they don't work properly (power, malfunction) it really messes things up, doesn't it!!!!

To a much better day and days ahead.

Rick

Ulcerative Colitis 1990, Stage 0 colon cancer and subsequent colectomy with J-pouch in 7/2005, PSC 7/2005, Klatsin CCA 8/2009

Rick....thanks. today is another day where the sun is shining, I did not worry about the alarm, and I think that even the dog had a twinkle in her eyes.  Yesterday was one of those Leopold Fechtner days:  "If you wonder where your child left his roller skates, try walking around the house in the dark." 
Have a good one.
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER