Topic: cancer.net side effect, Radiation

http://www.cancer.net/patient/All+About … on+Therapy

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

2 (edited by aggiemom Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:56:16)

Re: cancer.net side effect, Radiation

Hi everyone,  I have been watching the board.  I have CUP that has been treated as intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma for the last 13 months.  It started as a radiating pain in the left hepatic lobe and biopsy was adenocarcinoma.  Tumor was 4.3 cm.  I am at the largest cancer center in the U.S.  I finished 2 weeks today with 10 days of radiation to a lytic lesion metastes to my T6 spine.  I was told that it would burn my esphogus  but I should drink milkshakes and drink the medicine that they prescribed to deaden my esophogus.  This is without a doubt the most difficult experience that I have had.  The pain when swollowing was almost unbearable, and I am tougher than a Texas Boot.  I went to my local emergency room for IV fluids on Monday for dehyration.  I had vomiting and diarrhea since 4 days after the end of treatment.  I am finally starting to feel better, and am drinking as much gatorade,water and tea as I can.  I can eat a little soft food now, I am very hungry, but cannot eat due to the pain.  I also started TARCEVA 2 days after radiation started.  I felt considerable burning pain in my entire abdomen about the same time as the vomiting and diahrrea started.  My onc said to discontinue the Tarceva and it was stopped 6 days ago.  Everyone is different and I don't want anyone to think that everyone goes through what I have with the therapy.  I have had Gemcitibine, Cisplatin, and Folfox 6 and had virtually no side effects with these chemos.  I have written enough for now.  I have prayers for all the people with this
and hope that researchers can destroy it.

Re: cancer.net side effect, Radiation

Hi aggiemom....we have not heard from you for some time now.  What is your treatment and how are you responding?
All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER