Topic: Windows 7, any tips?

My kids presented me with a new computer.  What a nice surprise it was.  The not so pleasant thing is learing to understand Windows 7. (And, here I finally got the hang of the old system). They think that I am too rigid (they may be right) by not wanting to learn something new and exciting.  I am all for exciting, but not for the new.  Does anyone have any quick tips for me?
Thanks and Best,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Windows 7, any tips?

Marion,
No tips, but I do understand.  My kids are always doing things like that to me too.  I just get used to one thing and they decide to get me something new and I start all over.   It is rather frustrating how quickly all this technology changes.  I just can't keep up!  smile  Good luck with the new operating system.  Let us know how you are progressing with it.  I am sure you will do just fine.
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Oh Darla....if only you knew.  I can destroy anything including, an operating system.  But, there is always the hope that I can overcome my ineptitude with technology.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.  I will keep you posted.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

One last word of encouragement.  My son, who is a computer analyst, tells me not to be afraid to do anything and not to worry,  that there is nothing I can do to this computer that he can't fix.  I sure hope he is right!  smile  As much as we fight progress, what would we do without it?

Have fun re-learning and when you have it all figured out you can explain it all to me!  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Darla....what great assurance you have.  Does your son travel to California?
Hugs
Marion

Hi Marion,

A nice suprise indeed! Not got a clue as to how windows 7 works, I still use vista and to be honest, I don't really know how that works either but I seem to be able to do enough just to get by I guess!

Here are some websites that may help you with some tricks and stuff for windows 7.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/ … ets-643861

http://gnoted.com/70-fantastic-windows- … tionality/

I hope some of these help and good luck with it, I am sure that you will be fine!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Marion,
Actually he was out there about a month ago in the Santa Barbara area.  smile
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

Marion,
I feel your pain. I am terrible with the computer and I firmly believe that I send out electrical impulses that make all electrical devices go haywire. I cant count the number of things that break around me for no good reason. So I get a new laptop about every year or two and always have to learn a new operating system or microsoft word suite. It pains me. What makes it worse is I am better at computers than Hans so we are always having problems!

My dad is always calling my sister for help. One time she got so frustrated helping him that when she worked on it, she made "My Daughter Is Smart" his log in name for something he wanted but couldnt figure out.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Kris -I'm the same!  I can't even wear a watch as they spontaneously fail in a matter of days.  I think it's a super power.

Marion,

Can't help you here either.  I'm on Vista too.  My office is considering upgrading everyone's computer soon and we are still on the version prior to Windows 7 (is that 6?) or maybe I'm thinking of Microsoft Word 5?  I don't really know.  That's why we have IT guys there to fix things.

Linda

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
it's about learning how to dance in the rain."