Re: Haven't been here for awhile but need to talk

Charlene, I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time--I lost my husband and best friend Feb. 2008.   Every day is hard, but I found a support group of younger widows through the funeral home.  We still meet once a month for dinner to share our thoughts-this has been very helpful to me.  Be as strong as you can-John would be proud of you.  (I had a similar dream one night--wish I could experience another one like that).  Fondly,  Marilyn

marilyn

Charlene,

I am so sorry you are going through this grief. Grief is a process and I feel when you feel it's time to move on, you will. There are very kind people here and I am so sorry I stayed away. I lost my sister to this disease in 2008. I had to move. 
I wanted to print pictures of our last year together. I tried for 2 days. The printer would not print the pics.Everytime i turned on the computer, the picture would appear. Two days later, I rose to the sound of the printer. There they were!
I laughed and said Anita, you are messin with me!!
I am saying this to say something to you. After the tears dry and the conflicts, ease. Our loved one becomes a warm and soothing memory. They never leave us, Charlene. They are with us in spirit.
I wish you comfprt and many blessings at this time and always.

middlesister....I much hope for Charlene to be reading your lovely post.  It is amazing the comfort we receive from stories like yours.  I also would like to mention that the green bar above the name (left), provides the date of the last posting in this case, Friday, July 24, 2009.  Not that it should matter other than Charlene may possibly not be responding to your lovely letter.  Hopefully, she will though.  Either way please, continue to share with us.
So nice to have you back.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

What a beautiful story, Middlesister.  Thank you for telling us.  I am so scared at the thought I may lose my sister.  Sometimes the fear paralyses me & I "know" I will never recover from the loss when it comes.  Reading posts like yours reminds me that nothing remains stuck forever - not even pain.

Thank you.
Julia

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson