Topic: White Feathers

I keep seeing white feathers everywhere.  From the living room, to bathroom and even in my car.  Does anyone know a meaning to this? My friend said it's a sign my gaurdian angel is watching over me.  This as only been happening since Monday night, when we were told there was nothing else they could do for my Dad.

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Re: White Feathers

Hi Andie,

Lets hope that your friend is indeed correct and that it is a sign that your guardian angel is watching over you and your dad.

My best wishes to you and your dad,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Definitely, definitely! If you get the first 2 books of Sylvia Brown (Psychic)she really gives a good handle on the beyond....if you believe and I am a strong believer.
I thought the feathers would be from your dad. Also Pennies are found by many.
Lights going off, which happened to Darla. Be a believer Andie, its so powerful
and comforting.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy, I will go and get the books to read.  Since Monday I seem to be finding them everywhere. Also I keep feeling a presence on the end of my bed, as if someone is sitting there.  At times I think it's our son or my husband but when I look no one is there.  This has been happening since Dad was diagnosed in April but the white feathers only since Dad was told he was terminal on Monday.

Another thing is butterflies, whilst I was emailing for a second opinion this beautiful butterfly was flying across the window, I found it strange that when it's so cold and dull outside this beautiful butterfly appears.

I was very close to my Grandad, who died when I was 10, and I am wondering if he his my Guardian Angel. 

I must admit the last few days my belief has been tested, why do bad things happen to those that do so much good and are filled with kindness?.  Perhaps these are signs to tell me all will be ok, whether it be here on earth or in heaven.

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Andie, Granddad! Now that makes sense. From what I understand Guardian Angels are different than loves ones who have passed. Granddad is definitely watching over you and letting you know that you are not alone. I LOVE it!
I know that my dad helped me 3 times last year before my Cancer Surgery a year ago. My dad passed 6 years ago at the age of 93.  At the Graveside Service there was 1 Hummingbird who stayed atop some flowers and left when the service ended! He always loved a good party!
As for why do bad things happen to good people? I am never sure of that one except that maybe they are needed in Heaven. Or perhaps its to bring out the goodness in us?

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

As to why bad things happen to good people - I think about that a lot.  One of my favorite quotes is from Arthur Ashe who said, "If I were to say, "God, why me?" about the bad things, then I should have said, "God, why me?" about the good things that happened in my life". 

Betsy

7 (edited by Katja Wed, 06 Oct 2010 16:30:46)

Andie
I'm a humanist scientist and even I think it's so lovely to think it's your wonderful Granddad sending you a message of peace.  Perhaps he's there with your other loved ones waiting for your dad, and you eventually.  I hope these signs keep you strong and calm.  You're right though, there are some terrible injustices in life.

I've heard the same about white feathers, Andie & my mum's been finding them, too. I find it immensely comforting.

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."