Topic: Off for another break.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would let you know that I won't be around for a week, as I am off for another holiday! Me, mum and my aunt are off to Blackpool again, but this time with no kids!!!!!! Last time was great with the whole family, but was very tiring, especially for my mum, so this time it is just the 3 of us. And it is great that mums sister is going so they can go off and do the things that they want to do this time rather than have to worry about the kids and what they want to do. We're going back to the same hotel as mum was confortable there with the disabled access etc and they are giving her and her sister the same room by the lift door for ease in getting around. Food was good and the entertainment at night was okay so she is happy.

And although it hasn't been that long since we were away, mum could do with getting away again as being in the house so much is getting her down. She hasn't been out of the house at all since we came home despite my best efforts to get her to go out. Plus it is good to get away before the long, cold winters starts to kick in up here soon, very soon no doubt! the weather won't be as warm this time no doubt, but I guess it's never cold or raining in a bingo hall!

Hugs and best wishes to you all and I'll see ya all when I get back,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Off for another break.

Gavin,, have a wonderful Holiday!!!  Wish I was there!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thanks Lainy! Wish you and T were both there with us as well. I will be thinking of you tons when I am away.

Hugs and my best to you and Teddy,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gavin,

Have a great time.  I too would love to be going with you.  Enjoy!

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi Gavin,

Hope you all have a great time, look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

We are off to Chessington next weekend, will let you know if I pick up the courage to go on some rides!! (think they are all quiet tame so will have no excuses really!)

As for the weather, lots of layers and hot choc and you will be ok. Did you visit the Tower last time?  You could spend some time in there if the weathers bad.

Whatever you do, have fun, you all deserve it.

Love

Andrea

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Have a great time Gavin. We are in need of a "holiday"!!We sell produce and now pumpkins at our farm 7 days a week so I have been tied down here since the end of July. I am getting a little stir-crazy! At least the work load has lessened and Tom is feeling much better. We'll try the first of Nov. for a few days. I'm actually afraid to go too far because he got sick last time we went away ( 2 years ago!!) and it seems to happen so fast I want to be able to get home quickly. We have to go before the 10th of Nov because that's when he is scheduled to have his 26th!! ERCP and have his 2 stents removed. I've gotten to the point of just assuming he will end up back in the hospital 2 days after they go in, it's been happening that way too often but hopefully he'll pull through without any negative reactions. We're going to Pittsburgh on the 27th of October to see Dr Kapil Chopra, the director of the liver disease center at the UPMC so I hope he gives us some insight into what we're dealing with now. Best wishes to all, Mary

I hope you're all having a great time, Gavin. Send us a stick of rock!! xx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gavin,

Glad to hear you are all getting away again. What a tonic for you all.

Hope you don't get blown off Blackpool pier!!!

Katie

Have a wonderful time Gavin. I love how wonderful you are to your mother. You know the saying about judging a man by how he treats his mother. You are a star.

Have fun in Blackpool and I look forward to more pictures.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Have a great time Gavin.  I hope the weather holds out for you, but that you don't get too sunburnt -- keep your cossie on smile)

I'm with Lalupes, make sure you bring back a stick of rock - how do they get all those little words inside?

We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. - Author Unknown

Hello everyone!

I'm back! Got back yesterday and came home to very cold weather indeed here! Cold, rain, typical October weather for bonnie Dundee! The 3 of us had a great time and as there were no kids this time, it was much less stressful and tiring!!! Mum had a good time and was happy to get away. We didn't really do too much, shopping, wandering around and just stayed in the hotel at night and watched the entertainment, but that was fine as it was just a break for mum to get away.

Oh yes, and bingo, lots and lots of prize bingo! Mum and my aunt love that so they played it quite a bit! But that was okay as my little cousin Clare is getting her first ever flat very soon and she needs a lot of stuff for it. So we saved all our prizes and got her a load of stuff for her flat, towels, fryer, toaster and a blender to name a few. Needles to say the car was stuffed with prizes on the way home! And we also used some of the wins to get toys for Arran and Elidh so they will all be chuffed too.

Glad to be home though, even if it is cold. Weather in Blackpool was good at the weekend then a storm came in on Monday and stayed pretty much all week, cold and very very windy to say the least. Mum tried to go on the central pier in her wheelchair but we werer getting blown everywhere so it was about turn and head indoors! I went out to the end of the south pier and that was horrendously windy, but good. I was going to do the reverse bungee ride thingy that throws you in the air, but I used the wind as an excuse not too!!!

I took some pics, but not as much as last time but will post them on FB when I get some more time and put a link here. I brought back a load of rock so have a virtual stick from me! And thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts. I hope everyone is well and I will catch up with your posts over the weekend.

My best to you all,

Gavin

Andrea,

I forgot to say, there were layers of clothes, lots of them in fact!! We never did the tower as it seemed to be a lot in there more for kids, and it was quite pricey at

Hi Marylloyd,

It certainy does indeed sound like you need a holiday and I so hope that you and Tom can get away, even if it is just for a few days. I know how much my mum benefitted from getting away for a bit and I know that it will do the same for you and Tom. Hopefully now that Halloween is nearly here you will not be as busy with the pumpkin farming and things can quieten down a bit so that you can both take a break, you both certainly deserve one!!

I do know what you mean though about worrying about going away in case Tom gets sick and you have to go home quickly. My dad worried about this last year when we were going to go away in the summer for a break and we didn't end up going. He was worried about getting sick and also with his fatigue so we just stayed home. What I would say though is that if Tom feels up to it then go as I'm sure a break away from everyday life will do the 2 of you a world of good.

I hope all goes well for Tom's stent exchange and I will keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome for your meeting with Dr Chopra.

Best wishes to you and Tom,

Gavin

Mary.....Do you think that Tom broke a record with stent replacements?  Did you grow a super pumpkin like the one that has shown up in California last week.  How do they do that?  Anyway, good luck on all, stent replacement and visit at UPMC. 
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Gavin...so glad to have you back.  We missed you however, you had a great time and that more makes up for us wanting you back.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thank you Marion. It is good to be home in Dundee and also good to be back home here! I missed you all a load when I was away and it is great to be back here and catch up with you all again. Next time I go away I really need to get some type of mobile internet access!

Hugs back at you,

Gavin

Thanks for the virtual rock, Gavin - much healthier than the real thing (& less likely to fracture my teeth) wink x

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson