Topic: Survivor stories

I read a previous suggestion on posting survivor stories.  I believe Marion offered to create a prominent place on the website for survivors to share their stories.

I cannot think of anything more helpful and hopeful to have than detailed accounts of cancer treatments that have proved successful written by the very people who have experienced them and lived to tell about it.

What better guidance could a patient have?  It is a GREAT idea!

I know I've read such accounts, but I don't always remember where I saw them.  To have a separate place to find these stories would probably help us find them better.

Re: Survivor stories

I too would love some good stories esp when surgery isn't an option. Hopefully you and I, KJ will have two stories to start it off soon!
Take care

Thanks for bringing this up again.  You might want to continue sending your stories to rick@cholangiocarcinoma.org.  I believe that something will come of it.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Marion, My wife, Judy, and I are coming out to Springville next week to visit my mother and sisters. We were wondering if we could come by the  address for the foundation just to take a look ? We are hoping Judy can make the trip succesfully. I have never met another family with this type of cancer. I don't want to sound morbid or just plain foolish, but I can't help but feeling this would be a little more real if I could talk to someone with the same issues Judy deals with. I hope I am on the right site for asking this question.  Thank You, Tommy

Tommy.....I am so very sorry.  Somehow I must have missed the posting.  I assume that you have concluded your trip by now however, is another one coming up?  If so please, let Stacie know, as she is the one that resides in Utah, as does Rick.  I reside in Northern California and should you be travelling this way please, let's visit. 
It is best to reach me at: marion.schwartz@cholangiocarcinoma.org.  Sometimes I simply don't see all of the postings.
Again, I am so sorry to have missed yours Tommy but, please give me another chance.
All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER