Topic: another question

my mom had one more question about her bile resection  she had surgery  2weeks ago and was wondering how long others have had their drainage tube in for? they took 1 out but she goes back next tuesday and they said they might not take  the other out then. just wondering thanks again

Re: another question

My husband had his major tubes removed after three weeks.  The smaller pediatric tubes where removed after six weeks.  Hope this helps.
Marions

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I had both of mine removed at about 3 weeks.  I had a very mild infection afterwards but it only lasted one night and didn't even require antibiotics.   Scars took about a year to completely heal.  They weren't wounds during that year, just scaley (s;?) which went away.  I used alo on them.

-Peter

My wife

Most of Mums were gone within 6 weeks, but she had to keep one on for 2 months, due to an internal leak of some description.