Topic: Brrrrrr..........

Hi all,

I thought I would post this slide show from the website of my local paper. It has a load of pics of Dundee, the surrounding area and the weather that we are having right now, and there is much brrrr indeed! And Saturday we had the strangest weather that I have ever seen here, a blizzard with thunder and lightening at the same time, very strange indeed!!!

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Photos/Our- … art-2.html

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Photos/Our- … inter.html

Hugs to you all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Brrrrrr..........

Hi Gavin,
I am loving all of the pictures everyone has been posting.  Thanks for yours!  I especially love the pics of the swans, dogs, and the beautiful bride!  Stay warm!
Betsy

Hi Gavin, what lovely pictures and Dundee is a beautiful city.

We are cold too. Today was in the 50's with 25 mile an hour winds!! Not normal for Phoenix!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Betsy, glad that you like the pics, lthough I am not sure you would enjoy the temps or the ice!!

Lainy, that does sound cold, for you! Even the commentators from the game were saying it is cold over your way tonight!! Hope you're all wrapped up warm!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

5 (edited by Cherbourg Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:16:47)

Well here on the coast of North Carolina it's going to be 75 degrees today.  It's great for walking on the beach but VERY hard for putting up my snow village and decorating for Christmas!   If everyone would package their snow and send it to me I would be delighted!

Hugs to all.....I'll post pictures of the snow village ( I have about 75 houses) when I finally get it all put together!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Hi Gavin,

Scotland does seem to be having the worst of the snow, along with the North East.  We arrived at Leeds Sunday afternoon greeted by the snow.  My husband had to drive back to the Miidlands but luckily it didn't follow him.  We awoke to more snow Monday morning and again I was worried we would be stranded in Leeds but the sun came out and the roads were ok.  I was hoping the Midlands would miss it but we awoke this morning to snow, and it is still snowing now but no where near as bad as Scotland.  I must admit the thought of driving in it scares me and I go by public transport instead but for once the gritters got it right and the roads have been clear, so no disruption on the roads unlike last year.

Hot choc and lots of layers.  Stay safe.

Best wishes

Andrea

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Andie.....would those layers be part of a cake? I think Gavin would like that.
Sorry-couldn't resist.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lol Lainy!! I did mean clothes but I'm sure Gavin would agree cake and hot choc would be nice.  Just have to decide which cake.  Personally I'm not much of a cake person unlike my Dad, who loves anysort of cake! but I do love cheesecake.  I've got my eye on a nice baileys cheesecake for part of our christmas buffet mmm mmm.

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Did someone mention my name and cake!!! :-) Ha! And yes Lainy, you are right in that I would indeed like some cake! It would go wel with my hot choc which is badly needed right now! Call my biased, but my fav cake would have to be a.........................Dundee Cake! This is a rich fruit cake that is traditionally eaten at Christmas and is delicious, and funnily enough, it goes well with hot choc or a good cuppa tea!

It seems that you've finally got the snow then Andrea! Buit I'm glad that you didn't get stuck in Leeds. We've had the snow every day since last week and more is forecast. The gritters are out on the main roads but not on the side streets, and seeing as I live on a side street, I ain't getting my car out. Plus it would take me about an hour to dig it out so it's walking for me! And the local shops and supermarkets are running out of some foods, bread especially which is a pain as it means mum can't get her toast for breakfast. Temps here tonight expected to get down to about -11c and could hit -20c later in the week. So yes Andie, I will be taking your wise advice of layers of clothes, and maybe also some cake!

Hugs to all,

Gavin

Pam,

A snow village by the beach in 75c temps sounds soo much better than what we have here!!!

Gavin

Hi Gavin.

Luckily we live on a main road but Mom and Dad don't so if this snow keeps up looks like I'll be getting my wellies out and walking tomorrow too.  I didn't venture out far today, was too tired from the last few days, only place I went was to the school.

It was -10 here yesterday morning as my husband took a photo of the temp in the car.  I hope the wind changes and blows it away from Scotland, you've had your fair share now. I need to venture out and start Christmas shopping so I hope the wind doesn't blow it our way.  I really hope you Mom gets her bread, I know here they run out of food supplies in the bad weather.  My Nan, bless her, always has a box full of goodies just incase anything happens.  She has enough tea bags, toilet rolls and washing powder to last a year.  She has stocked up on lots of tin foods and always has a loaf of bread in the freezer. 

Enjoy your hot drink and cake

Andrea

Thanks Andie. I will indeed enjoy my hot drink, it is well needed!

In -10 temps it sounds like you had the right idea today in staying inside! And your nan, well it sounds like she is on the ball also in keeping well stocked with life's essentials, tea bags and toilet rolls are essential after all! I've got enough food in for mum such as tinned stuff etc, it's just the day to day things like bread and milk that are a pain to get right now. But we are used to this weather I guess, but the shock is that it has come so early in Nov and not the usuall Jan/Feb. I hope this does not mean that we are in for another lonnng bad winter!!

You keep warm too!

Gavin

Since I live in north Florida, I don't see snow just frost!  Maybe ice occasionally but I wouldn't have clothing for your weather so maybe I should stay out of snow country.  It really is beautiful.  Loved the photos.

Gavin,

Wow Scotland does seem to be faring very badly in the snow stakes....!! here in Manchester we have had a light dusting and ice etc but not much else.

Lorraine told us the morning on GMTV how badly affected Dundee was.... I suggest you stay indoors with the heating cranked up with a hot toddy!!!!

Hope it disappears and life gets moving again for Scotland very soon smile

Katie

Hi Katie,

A light dusting? Lucky you!! Although I bet that even that is a shock to your system considering that for the last few weeks you were lounging around by the pool in Florida reading a book! wink

Lorraine is right in that we have been hit pretty badly with this right now, and considering that the airport here is closed right now, I don't think she will get home this weekend! I still can't get any bread so that my mum can have her toast in the morning, we seem to have panic buying of food and when fresh produce comes into the shops, it gets bought up rapidly and the shleves are very empty!

I am taking your advice and turning my little heater up to the max, it is working overtime right now!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Hows this for a pic. It is a pic of the UK from space and shows just how much the snow has affected us here. From the pic, it shows that the whole of Scotland and the north of England is pretty much completely covered with the white stuff!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scien … -22757232/

Gavin

Brrr is right. HEY!  I see you waving at us!!!

Ha! You saw me then!!! Yes thats me waving at you!!!!! I think after this pic was taken then it started snowing again, and I got covered with the white stuff, again!!!