Topic: CC Awareness Month-----February 2011

I guess I just have a " Bee in my Bonnet " !!!!
I'm trying to come up with all these ideas of how to create CC awareness.

So I'm wondering what plans does the CC Foundation have for Feb. ?And how can we help?

Make a point to get and distribute the bracelets?
In lieu of a Christmas present -----perhaps ask friends and family to purchase the tee-shirts
instead and wear them at every possible chance in February?

Have your dog wear one every time you take him out for a walk?

I'm trying to think of things for people who are on a fixed income to do/ to be able to participate.....................

Snezzie

Re: CC Awareness Month-----February 2011

Snezzie- i am originally from bay area and was diagnosed in July 2008. Sometime during the last 2 years ( I can't remember when) there was a walk for cc at Walnut Creek at a lake or big park  there. You might google it and see when or what it is. My cousins lives in Burlingame and were going to go, but rec'd there own cancer diagnose.  Cathy

You are on a roll, Snezzie.  Nice.  Sara was organizing a CC walk or run in Washington DC however, I don't know how far she has come with it.  February officially is our cancer month and if someone is interested in organizing something then please, let me know.  The Foundation will support and aid in as many ways possible. 
Cathy....you are right.  There had been a run organized by a young man, who lost his Mom to this disease.  Possibly, it is happening again this year.  Keep me posted, if possible.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I  have decided to order alot of bracelets/wristbands ( as well as the stickers) in preparation of CC Awareness month which is February.   It takes 3 to 4 weeks to arrive and I want to make sure that I have them in time for February.
I am going to mail them to every single friend that I have ,----- here and around the world and ask them to make it a point to wear the wristband at least everyday in the month of February.

If others on this site would do the same--who knows what could come of it...................

Snezzie

Snezzie- I just found the bile duct cancer walk at Shore Line Park in Mountain View, CA. The next one is April 16, 2011. I just googled "bile duct cancer walk" and found it. Cathy

Snezzie.....you will find that our wristbands are in high demand at the upcoming GI ASCO.  Pharmaceutical companies are prohibited from distributing anything but coffee and candy which, in turn, makes the handouts from advocacy groups even more desirable. 
For those who don't know:  Snezzie has become a patient advocate and will be attending the conference with me.  I am so excited.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER