Topic: transplants in europe

In Europe there are centers performing transplants on cholangiocarcinoma?

Re: transplants in europe

As far as I know they do not.  But, I would love to find out otherwise.  Let me know if I can help you.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

i  believe St. Vincent's hospital in Ireland follows the Mayo protocol. I'm guessing there are other locations in Europe also..
ashley

Ahsley.....is this for CC patients in Ireland?

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

5 (edited by raye Fri, 10 Dec 2010 22:23:07)

Epato,

The Charite' hospital system in Berlin follows the Mayo protocol. A friend in Toronto I've dealt with had her German friend placed in their care and he is now a one year CC transplant survivor.

Here is the link for info.

Raye

http://www.charite.de/en/international/

I'm a passenger on planet Earth and God is driving.

Hi Marion,
Yes the protocol in Ireland is for CC. Also, I can't remember exactly but someone I spoke with who was in the protocol here either had their doc here train the docs in Ireland or vice versa.. anyway that reminder led me to google it and sure enough, St. Vincent's does the transplant for CC. :-)
Ashley