Topic: Cetuximab Shows "Encouraging" Results in Biliary Tract Cancer

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/732327

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Cetuximab Shows "Encouraging" Results in Biliary Tract Cancer

I can't see this as it's asking me to log in, but it sounds interesting.

Hmmm, when i follow my own link it's asking me to sign in as well, but I can view it from here, 2nd story down from the top.

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&biw= … 2c64671fa5

Hope that works!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

It seems to work this way.

5 (edited by Gavin Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:43:02)

Here's another link that may help.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanon … 3/fulltext

That one doesn't seem to work either now! Grrr....

Hi Gavin

I haven't been on this site for a while, but it must be fate tonight! 

Firstly, I hadn't seen the info on Cetuximab, and that does make interesting reading, and secondly the first link on the Google page your link took me too is an article in a Bournemouth paper about Helen Smith, a young woman who died from cc a couple of weeks ago, and whose family is raising lots of support for AMMF.  (Nick, Helen's husband contacted us last week, but I doubt I would have seen the article without your link.)   

How strange is all that!!

If you don't mind, I'll put a link on AMMF's FB page to the Cetuximab info and mention that you 'discovered' it.

Helen x

Hi Helen,

Very strange indeed! 2 news pieces from one search! Of course I don't mind if you put this piece on your AMMF fb page, the more people that have more information the better!

I just found this piece also on the Cetuxcimab story.

http://www.hemonctoday.com/article.aspx?rid=77640

Best wishes,

Gavin

Thanks Gavin!  I will definitely be discussing with Ben's oncologist!

My partner Ben was diagnosed in August 2010 with non-resectable stage IV intrahepatic CC with 6-18 months prognosis.   He was 51 at the time - and he is now 55. 

Don't give up!

Hi Tom,

I hope that this info may be of use to Ben and if you can speak with his onc about it then please could you let us all know what he/she says as that would be of interest to many here.

My best wishes to you and Ben,

Gavin

Sorry for the delay in responding - it's been crazy the last few weeks with work and the holidays.  We did finally meet with the doctor last week and took a copy of the study with him. 

He hadn't heard of it (although I guess I wasn't expecting that he was).  He read it and said it looks like a small study (30 people) in one country (Austria), so while it could be a potential option if we find the current regimen doesn't work, it wasn't a significant enough study to change any course of action at this point.

He also said that cetuximab tends not to be covered by insurance (although I don't remember his explanation).  So, for now we will keep in on file and consider it for future use.

Thanks for continuing to find these things!

tom

My partner Ben was diagnosed in August 2010 with non-resectable stage IV intrahepatic CC with 6-18 months prognosis.   He was 51 at the time - and he is now 55. 

Don't give up!

Hi Tom,

Thanks very much indeed for letting us know what the onc said in regard to Cetuximab. Hopefully Ben's gem/cis combo will work for him but as you say, keeping other options on file sounds like a good idea as well.

Best wishes,

Gavin