Topic: spelling bee

Despite my coffee habit I have only one clear thought a day and it just came to me when I was researching something online and came across the word "antihepatotoxicity." We should have a spelling bee for all these darn words we have had to learn!

And I am not suggesting this just because I was the 2nd best speller in the whole city of Chicago in the 4th grade (I still have the trophy) nor because I won an adult spelling bee a few years ago that lasted about 3 hours (I was almost considering spelling a word incorrectly on purpose, I was getting really hungry and tired!).

Patty

p.s. "antihepatotoxicity" is our friend, it means "the ability to prevent damage to the liver"; "hepatoprotection" is a slightly easier to pronounce synonym

p.p.s. class is dismissed, I am going to bed

Re: spelling bee

Thanks Patty.  I had never heard of the word antihepatotoxicity, but I like what it stands for.  Test me in the morning and keep these great thoughts coming our way.
Good night,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I like it Patty!!
I'd love to take part in a spelling bee; we don't have that sort of thing in the UK.  I remember when I was 5 a teacher tried to accuse me of cheating because I'd spelled the word 'hippopotamus' correctly.  I was devastated.
I like the word antihepatotoxicity best.

Brilliant idea, Patty!!  I wish I could get my brain round anything at the moment - but your idea just may help me to focus big_smile

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let's develop a cross word puzzle too. I love word games.