Topic: Linda Z... peace at last

Hello all,
We've only just met but many of you had a tremendous impact on my SIL, Linda Zyrkowski.  I'm sad to say that at 1:30 a.m. today, Linda closed her eyes on this life.  I will come back later and fill in details, answer questions, etc.  Yesterday was a difficult day...pain unmanageable, we couldn't touch her without causing her intense pain.  Early in the evening, we made the
difficult decision to transfer her back to the Hospice facility.  Her wish to have her family around her was granted as we all crowded around her and prayed one last time for a miracle.  She struggled for awhile but eventually her heart just slowed and then stopped.

She is whole and healthy and reunited in heaven with her daddy, Don Smith, who preceeded her in death on Jan. 22, 2005.  We are grieving our loss but rejoicing in her eternal healing.

God bless... and our prayers are with you all.

Cyndi

Don't tell God how big your problems are... tell your problems how BIG your God is!

Re: Linda Z... peace at last

Too The Family of Linda Zyrkowski, I am sending Prayers and sympathy on your loss of Linda. She is in a more peaceful place now but never forgotton. To keep a loved one in your heart is not to ever let them die.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I am so sorry for the loss of your lovely Linda. May God be with you her family and may He comfort you all at this sad time. May Her Spirit soar and may she rest in peace.My thoughts and prayers are with you.
XxxMichelle

"My dad, Tony, passed away on 4 October 2010, after a 19 month battle with CC"   - I carry you in my heart, Dad, forever.

Cyndi,

I am so sorry to hear that Linda has passed.  My sympathy to all of her family and loved ones.  We are losing so many lately on this board.  It is a sad time.  As others have said, atleast now she is no longer in pain or suffering.  She has moved on to a better place.  Try to take some comfort in knowing that Linda will always be with you all in your heart and memories.

Love & Hugs To All,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Cyndi,

This is not what I wanted to see when I logged on to the board just now.

I am so very, very sorry.  I will really miss her  She was so young and had so much to live for.  Your family and Kevin will be in my prayers.

Love,
Theresa

Cyndi
My condolences to you and all Linda's family at this sad time for you all.

Gerry

Cyndi:
So sorry to hear of your SIL's passing.  Word cannot express....  We are loosing so many loved ones from this cancer and so many of them so quickly that it just seems surreal....

Keep Linda's memories alive in you hearts.

Prayers to you and your family.

Margaret

So sorry to hear of Linda's passing.  Thoughts and prayers go out to her loved ones.

Cyndi,

This is so sad, Kevin is much too young to be without his mom, he is too young to even comprehend what he has lost. There are so many milestones she will never see him reach. My prayers are with your family.

Patty

So sorry to hear that Linda passed away. Hold her memories close and dear in your heart, especially in the long nights ahead. What a blessing to have had her in this life and an even greater blessing to be reunited in Heaven one day. She get the lay of the land in Heaven so when you get there, she can show you all around. Blessings to you and your whole family. Susan

Cyndi,

I'm so sorry to hear about Linda's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Kim

I lost my Dad to CC Feb 13, 2011 at 7pm EST. I felt him take his last breath. He was 57.
I love you, Daddy.

--Kim

Linda had such an impact on me.  I have her signature line hung above my microscope...."life is not about waiting for the storms to pass....it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

She was an amazing woman and I'm glad to have known her if only on these boards.

My thoughts, prayers and hugs to out to her family.

Hugs,
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Dear Cyndi,

Sending my deepest condolences to you and Linda's family. How lucky she was to have a loving sister in law like yourself.

The next few days, weeks and months will be tough, I send you strength to carry on in her memory.

Katie

I am so very sad to read of Linda's passing.  Energy & hope always seemed to "explode" from her posts.

Dear Cyndi - my thoughts are with you & your family.

Sincere condolences & my very best wishes go with you.

Julia x

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dear Cyndi,

I am so very sorry to hear of Linda's passing. Please accept my sincerest condolonces. My thoughts are with you and all of Linda's family right now.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

So sorry to hear this.  I feel devastated for little Kevin.

I too loved her signature line.  It means such a lot.  My sincere condolences to all of you.
Kate

Cyndi,

My deepest condolences for you and Linda's family.  She was a lively spirit on the board here and I enjoyed her posts and definitely learned some valuable insights from her experiences.  I am sure it's a very difficult time for everyone but we are here if you need us.

tom

My partner Ben was diagnosed in August 2010 with non-resectable stage IV intrahepatic CC with 6-18 months prognosis.   He was 51 at the time - and he is now 55. 

Don't give up!

Cyndi,

Linda was one of the people I always followed on this board.  This is sad news for all of us; but we, too, "rejoice in her eternal healing".

May God bless you and your family and hold you tight in His arms.

Kathy

How wonderful to see that Linda touched so many here... she was so strong and I loved her as if she were my biological sister.  The family is busy with service arrangements and Jim is overwhelmed, devastated... but doing a good job at picking up where Linda left off and being a good dad to their son, Kevin.  Last night when Jim tucked him into bed, Kevin called him back for another hug... and then asked if they could do a pretend hug for Mommy... a heartbreaker.

Just so you know... and if you're so inclined to keep us in your prayers... visitation is on Thursday and the funeral is on Friday morning.  God bless you all and please keep fighting to bring an end to this despicable disease!

Love to all,
Cyndi

Don't tell God how big your problems are... tell your problems how BIG your God is!

I am so sorry to hear of Linda's passing, albeit means she is in a better place.
I hope all of you have peace in the coming months. Linda was a joy to see post and I loved her tag line...and may have to use it in the right moment.

STacey