Topic: prognosis advice
Not sure if this would be the right forum to post in or not. My father is no longer taking treatments. He has several spots in the liver with one inparticular that is growing. Also found 2 spots in each lung base 2 weeks ago. The chemo did not work, and he has decided against any further treatments to gain a better quality of life. My question for any of you out there who have had similar experiences, is what time frame are we looking at before he is "debilitated"? We were told originally 6-12 months, but his wheezing is getting worse. The reason I even ask, is that we are planning to take a family vacation together for his 60th birthday in April. Although the doctor said it sounds "feasible" I have had others to tell me not to wait that long, that we probably do not have that much time. I just don't know what to do. We are all still in such shock.