Re: Wanted: Survivor Stories

Kim...did you have your scan?  How did it turn out?  You might have posted on another section and I've missed it but I'm hoping all turned out positively for you.  Two more days til my scan.. Thanks for your encouraging words.."This disease CAN be conquered, but you must fight to win."
Kristin, Your story is inspirational..you HAVE done so much and I will go back to it every time I feel I can't do something or don't have time left to do it.

Love to all, Kathy

It is with a sad heart that I have to inform you Kim and Kathy that our Kristin passed away last year.  She was a shining star, as so many of our brave fighters have been and her legacy will stay with us as long as this discussion board will be in existence.  She is deeply missed.
I am so sorry to have to be the one passing on the news to you however, I felt it to be the right thing to do, as your conversation with her will not be answered and I feel that you need to be informed of the reason.
Again, I am so sorry to have to pass on this heartbreaking news to our newcomer.
All my love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thirdtime....Welcome and sorry to hear of the recent developments with your husband's cancer.  You have found the right place, and as Lainy has mentioned, others will come along soon to share their thoughts with you.
A link has been established by our members pertaining to physicians and centers familiar with this cancer including, those from the UK.  I hope this helps:
http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … hp?id=3126
All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER