Topic: FDA approves opioid analgesic to help cancer patients manage pain

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/ … 239490.htm

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: FDA approves opioid analgesic to help cancer patients manage pain

I hate these pain meds....they make me feel horrible and non-functionable....what else can I do? I have Stage 4, w/mets to liver. But tests are coming back better each doctor visit. So, how can I get relief without using the drugs? I have tried the mind over matter thing that doesn't work...now what??? As the months pass, I feel better but still have pain, ranging from 3-6....

3 (edited by marions Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:27:23)

Re: FDA approves opioid analgesic to help cancer patients manage pain

I agree with your concerns about being non-functionable when using pain mediation.  Some side effect are more tolerable than others therefore, you might want to address this concern with your physician.  A multitude of medications are available and often times one will be more tolerable than the other.  Have you tried  a fentanyl patch or low dose morphine?  Please, keep trying in order to come up with a satisfactory solution.  No one should have to live with pain.

All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER