Topic: My husband went through the Mayo transplant protocol...

And was successfully transplanted on Feb. 24 in Jacksonville, FL. He's doing fantastic so far. Liver numbers are trending down and most are in the normal range already. You'd never know that he had major surgery two weeks ago, other than the awesome "battle wound" on his abdomen. I tell him he's been through a war for sure.

And the best news of all--the pathology report on his old liver was good. The tumor was practically gone due to the aggressive treatment protocol of radiation and chemo, and no cancer was found anywhere else outside of the bile ducts.

We relocated to Jacksonville in July 2010 to go through the transplant evaluation and then chemo and radiation. He was added to the transplant waiting list on Oct. 12 after a successful exploratory staging surgery. The last 8 months haven't been easy, but most definitely worth all the ups and downs. We're looking forward to going home to NC in a few weeks, and spending the rest of our lives doing whatever we can to promote organ donation, cholangiocarcinoma, and PSC awareness. It's the least we can do to honor the donor and his or her family, who gave us the most incredible gift so that my husband could live.

God bless,
Jenny

Re: My husband went through the Mayo transplant protocol...

Jenny, I just posted on the other post of yours but just wanted to add you and your husband are gifts to all of us as well!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Jenny, I have been following Josh's Caring Bridge site for some time and am amazed at your courage and patience!  It is such good news for Josh.  I know the both of you are over the moon with his progress.  Best Wishes, Pam

Jenny, Sooo glad for the good news. Sent you an email. Like you and your husband, I find it very important to spread the news and promote organ donations, it is the one way I can honor my donor. Robert Redford's son is a 2 time liver recepient and PSC survivor, thru his site I learned that only 38% of people actually go thru with donating!! Good luck and lots of prayers-Cathy

GO GREEN RECYCLE YOUR ORGANS-SAVE A LIFE!!

Cathy, I didn't know that about Robert Redford!! I wonder howclose PSC counts to CC. Man,what a Celeb he would be to be in our corner!! If we could just find one. It all starts with one! Nor that we are not all celebrities! smile:)

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Jenny....I also have been keeping up with your's and Josh's  treatment and the subsequent liver transplant.  My heart is overjoyed knowing that you finally are able to go home and to go on with life. 
All my best wishes,
Love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Lainy-Google his name Jamie Redford and his foundation and story will come up. Good Housekeeping did a big article on him, very interesting. he lives in Marin County, probably close to Marions part of the country. He has a major benefit in San Francisco this month for organ donation. I am going to try to email him with my story (how many people have two liver transplants!!) in hopes we can attach our "star to his tail" We have to get in the door some how!! -Cathy

Cathy, he sure does resemble his father. This could lead to something if his liver Transplants and what he had could be tied to CC and our transplants. Mmmmm I would say go for it. If you need any help please let me know!

Cathy....indeed Marin County borders on Sonoma County where I live.  Cathy, I can't find anything re: his fundraising however, if you do would you mind informing me?  I would like to attend (if possible.)  Your story must be included as it truly is a miracle.
All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER