Topic: St. Patrick's Day and Honoring John Patrick Ur

I just wanted to share what I did yesterday with some friends in honor of what would have been my son's 32nd birthday.  We removed wallper, repainted a kitchen, patched and repainted a bedroom, for a woman with Parkinson's Disease.  It took 5 of us all day to get the work done (lots of trim and ceiling).  I also ran out and bought new mini blinds and curtains since hers had seen better days.  She was thrilled when she saw the transformation.  I am very sore and tired but it was So worth the work.  I have found this a very cathartic exercise to remember my son on his birhtday.  Wanted to share with you all -- it was a fabulous day and I know he is looking down and is very proud of all of us.  Also, my boss from Washington, DC sent me a text message last night.  His daughter (who struggled with preganancy) gave birth to a baby boy yesterday and his name is -- you got it -- John Patrick!  This sent chills down my spine........Nancy

Mother of John who lost his battle on Oct. 9, 2009 at age 30....

Re: St. Patrick's Day and Honoring John Patrick Ur

Oh Wow Nancy,  I know doing all that work with friends made you feel great!  What a beautiful gift to honor your son!   I can only imagine how knocked out the homeowner was when she saw her home.  That is just terrific!  And the topping and cherry on the sundae was a new John Patrick entering the world on the anniversary of your son's birthday.  Thank you for sharing it with us.  It really means a lot to hear this amazing story.

Wonderful stories, Nancy. I know your son is so proud to have you as his mother! And what an honor to have the name carried on. Good news day.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Gee Nancy, you had a busy day!  How wonderful that you give back in honour of your son.  You are making the world a better place.  John Patrick is looking down and thinking what a wonderful birthday it's been. What a beautiful message to learn a new little babe is born with your son's name. The circle of life.  Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

This morning, the woman who house we painted called me to tell me that she now refers to me and my friends as her "Ty Pennington Girls" and that she is giving house tours to all her family and neighbors!  How funny is that!!! LOL....we need things that make us smile! - Nancy

Mother of John who lost his battle on Oct. 9, 2009 at age 30....

Nancy, 

Thanks for sharing your day with all of us.  What a wonderful way to remember John.  And another John Patrick.  How good is that.  My oldest son was also born on St. Patrick's day.  He is a Patrick James, so the day is special to me, too.  Keep smiling.   smile

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Nancy,

A wonderful example of a compassionate act you carried out for John, yourself and a person in need.  May God bless you.

Kathy

Nancy.....And all of this was accomplished  in the spirit of John.  It simply is admirable. KJnowing ohn would have come up with some humorous comment.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER