Topic: I am almost afraid to say this... 12 months on & doing fine

My husband David was diagnosed with stage 4 CC with disease in liver, lymph nodes, spine and ribs and yet I am posting in the good news section because 12 months on he is doing fine.

We are married with a 2 year old girl and now I really understand the line, it was the best of times it was the worst of times.

He recently started on dexamethasone and this has been a life line for us and allowed him to regain his appetite and with that his energy levels, mood and every thing is good again. (I hope I haven't jinxed him!)

It is possible to be so very sick and feel better again. I want to give real  hope to all those who are logging in for the first time- here you will find the stories behind the statistics.

A big thank you to you all who have helped me. Never under estimate the power of prayer- I will offer my thanksgiving prayers tonight for you.

Chrissy M

Re: I am almost afraid to say this... 12 months on & doing fine

Chrissy this is amazing and much welcomed news. You are both an inspiration to this CC Board and I am sure you are not jinxing anything. Keep up the wonderful attitudes and we hope to hear more goodnews down the road. Another Miracle Couple!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Crissy.....Congratulations.  This is fantastic news and I thank you for sharing it with us.  I am thrilled to hear that Davis is feeling stronger and gaining weight with the help of the steroids.  Keep proving these statistics wrong.
All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Crissy,  So glad to here David is doing better. The energy is a big thing! Enjoy the sunshine and that precious little girl. You have beaten the odds; keep kicking that cancer butt!! Prayers for you and your family. (you are right when you say "Never underestimate the power of prayer") Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

So happy for you that you can see the good things in all this!! There are too many people out there devastated for a sprained ankle.
Life is som much about the path we go, and what we learn and love, and so little about reaching fantastic goals.
//Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford