Topic: Good News

I've been 6 weeks on chemo (Xeloda) and radiation.  I had an ERCP done yesterday to remove clogged stents, and the doctor said that it looks like the tumor has shrunk away from one of the main bile ducts.  YAY. 

I start Gemzar in a week, and at the end of this month we're going to do a CT Scan to see how treatment is progressing.

PRAY AND NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Re: Good News

Wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you.
Continued good luck

Lisa,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful news.   Gratulations....and keep it coming.
Marions

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing the good news - may you continue to have great success.
-Joyce

Great! We are all so happy for you!
Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Congratulations Lisa,
It is wonderful to hear some positive news.
Lynda

Great news Lisa. My husband had the same thing happen after his radiation treatments. Originally they couldn't even get the stent through on his right side and after the treatments they had no problem. I hope you continue to have the same success he has. It has been a year since his last treatment and they see no tumor. Hopefully your scans show the tumor to be gone too! I'm so glad you were able to get this treatment and it is working for you! Are you doing any dietary supplements etc?I started giving my husband maitake mushroom, beet extract and milk thistle to help the liver heal after all of his radiation. I really believe it helped greatly. I have been reading about beet root extract and it is the only thing I have ever researched that actually claims to help promote bile duct health.I know something is helping my husband stay healthy and it may be something you could try. Take care and congratulations on your good news!  Mary

I'm not taking any supplements.  I suppose I should - but I'm eating my normal diet and it's working for me.  The only supplement that I'm considering is an iron supplement. 

I'm taking so many pills that the thought of taking anymore vitamins in pill form just makes me shudder!

Great News Lisa-best luck to you with the up-coming scan.  All body parts crossed for you-Patrice

Lisa

Fantastic news.  Thanks for the update, gives us all hope.  Did you do any specific type of radiation?  We're looking for something to help my dad.  Thanks.

Richard

Way to go Lisa!!!!!! Keep it on the upswing.
Rita

Great new Lisa wonderful to hear positive results. Keep strong your a real inspiration to us all.

Jane