Topic: A poem for my dad on father's day

I was struggling with today, the first father's day since my dad passed away in February. I didn't know what to do. Unfortunately, i'm stuck on call all day for my job and had to get up at 3am this morning to support our systems (I work in IT). So i found a few extra minutes and wrote this about him. I feel good about it. I love you, Dad.

AND happy fathers day to all the rest of you dads out there, and those of your who have lost your dads too....may this day not suck too much.

Thanks for letting me share...maybe someday I will put some music to this...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked for you in the stars tonight
But didn

I lost my Dad to CC Feb 13, 2011 at 7pm EST. I felt him take his last breath. He was 57.
I love you, Daddy.

--Kim

Re: A poem for my dad on father's day

KIM, THAT WAS AN ABSOLUTELY AWESOME TRIBUTE TO YOUR DAD. I am so sure that he is smiling on you for that one and beaming as he is also very proud of you. It is a keeper for sure. Thank you for that and perhaps you should start a collection of poems dedicated to him and write one for each Holiday. Writing helps ease the pain, I know. God Bless!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kim....Absolutely beautiful.  Thanks much for allowing us to take joy in your loving poem.
Love
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kim, I read this with tears streaming down my face. It is beautiful. You found the perfect way to commemorate your dad, with your own beautiful words. He is smiling down on you. Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lainy, Marion and Nancy! I'm glad I felt strong enough to write it and share it with you.

Lainy, i think that is a wonderful idea. And it would be interesting to compare the poems dependent on how far from his death i've written them to see how i'm doing (thats the geek in me, always doing research! i blame...and thank...my dad!)

I lost my Dad to CC Feb 13, 2011 at 7pm EST. I felt him take his last breath. He was 57.
I love you, Daddy.

--Kim