Topic: Fathers Day

Today has been tough, it's my first Fathers day without my Dad.  I'd like to share the verse I had printed when my Dad passed away.  The love we had really was a precious gift and I miss him more and more each day.

A gift in this world so precious and rare,
is the love a Dad and Daughter share,
we shared that love Dad, you and I,
from the day I was born till the day that you died.
You cared for us more than words can say,
your care, your love we can never repay.

A part of my heart he took with him,
but his love he left me to keep,
so we will never really be parted,
the bond between us too deep.

To the world he was one, to us he was the world x

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Re: Fathers Day

Thank-you Andie for sharing this beautiful poem. All us daughters out here understand. As you get through this tough day may you be comforted with beautiful memories. Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Andie, what a beautiful poem. We do have a talented group here! As I said to others today, I just know your dad is beaming with love and pride!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thinking of you today Andie.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gavin, you don't need to wax poetic. Your dad is definitely proud of you!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thinking of you today Andrea...

Jen

Andie - Our hearts are with you. This was also our first Father's Day without my husband and it has been very hard on our family. Some days it seems like missing him is harder. We are thankful that we have precious memories to cherish on all the days and find them more meaningful on special days. Blessings to you, Susan

Andie, such beautiful words. Was my first fathers day without my dad too so they really apply to me as well.

I think people were lieing when they said it would get easier every day. Because I feel as you do...that I miss him more each day.

I lost my Dad to CC Feb 13, 2011 at 7pm EST. I felt him take his last breath. He was 57.
I love you, Daddy.

--Kim