Topic: I hope you can pray for me on 6/23/2011 for my 2nd resection-thanks

Hi,
The coming Thursday  at 1000 am ,6/23/2011. I will have my 2nd resection for CC.
Please if you can,say a little prayer for me on that day.

The first resection on 2009,I asked all my high school classmates(148 of them) to pray for me.
This time around,I will ask the members of this board to join hands to pray for you or your love one and me on 6/23/2011 if you allow me to have the honor for being asking you.

The power of prayer is by far the best medicine for me and all of us who suffer from illness.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: I hope you can pray for me on 6/23/2011 for my 2nd resection-thanks

Percey....you can count on a tidal wave of good wishes coming your way.  Although, we can't hold hands literally we can however, utilize the cyber way in this special way. 
Crossing fingers and everything possible and will be thinking of you.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

marions wrote:

Percey....you can count on a tidal wave of good wishes coming your way.  Although, we can't hold hands literally we can however, utilize the cyber way in this special way. 
Crossing fingers and everything possible and will be thinking of you.
Hugs
Marion

I second that, prayers will be coming your way.

Best wishes

Andrea

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Dearest PCL, I am crossing everything I own, eye, ears, arms etc! I am also send out great big prayers for a successful resection. You know we all want the best for you and I truly wish for God to come through the Surgeons hands.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I  don't really pray but will keep you in my thoughts and keep fingers crossed. Sending all the positive energy I possibly can!
Best wishes, Kate

I'm in! Prayers starting today! Extra boost on Thursday! Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Prayers go out to you for a successful surgery.

Hi Percy,

An absolute ton of positive thoughts coming over the pond from me to you!! I will be keeping everything crossed for you and thinking of you on Thursday.

My best wishes to you,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Realizing that you are in the recovery mode I more than appreciate your effort of letting us know that you are alright,
Can't wait to hear from you next week.
All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

God works through the hands of our doctors.  Wishing you all the best.

Jim
Hospitals/Doctors Link,  Our Experiences:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3126  See page 4 of thread for Dr. Tomoaki Kato info.
Major USA Cancer Centers:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/majorcancercenters.htm

Percy--

Please check your email.

I know that many,many people will be thinking of you on Thursday and thru the days of your recovery.

Lesley

Lainy wrote:

Dearest PCL, I am crossing everything I own, eye, ears, arms etc! I am also send out great big prayers for a successful resection. You know we all want the best for you and I truly wish for God to come through the Surgeons hands.

I too am crossing all imaginable! Wishing you a most successful surgery!

I lost my Dad to CC Feb 13, 2011 at 7pm EST. I felt him take his last breath. He was 57.
I love you, Daddy.

--Kim

Percy---

I have thought of you every single day since Thursday.

Another few days and you should be up and walking down the Hospital corridors for exercise driving those nurses crazy!!!!!

Percy
Please God everything went well for you.  Looking forward to hearing some positive news.

Gerry

Hi,
Thanks to everybody's prayer fingergcrossing everything and kind thoughts,I have just been released from the hospital.
Everything were fine;surgery only took 3hr.same Dr.John Brems and his team;Just very tired;they put me on liquid diet  the whole time.
God bles.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Praise the Lord!
God bless you.  Take care.

Dearest PCl, you just made my day!  YIPEE!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Percy,

Great to see you back here again! And I am so glad to hear that it all went well! Wishing you a very speedy recovery indeed.

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Percy.....sure feels good to hear from you.  Rest and recuperate well. 
All my best wishes,
Marion

Percy-

I just can't believe that you are do so well after such a short time from your surgery !
I am amazed at your speed of recovery..........and your surgeon is probably more so!!

Was any of my info of benefit to you ?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

21 (edited by PCL1029 Sat, 02 Jul 2011 14:23:42)

Hi, Lesley,
It helps in a way that I know what to ask for the pathology dept of the hospital to have  the " unstained "slides and the thickness of them. But Lesley, I think we both are thinking too far ahead of the biomarkers technology.
I don't think most of the lab can do "unfrozen cut" of the tissues submitted by the surgeon. I think the specimens must be frozen to be solid enough for cutting.
This time due to the pathology report indicated  there are only focal atypical ductal epithelium and no definitive carcinoma identified.Therefore after talking to the doctors;we both agree we will not do the biomarkers for chemo-sensitive testing .
The EGFR,VEGFR1,VEGFR2 RRM1 and ERCC1 were suggested by my oncologist but he indicated there are no consensus   or criteria or protocol  among the oncologists to really look into them and use them to the best way they should and the sensitivity of each test is not  well standardized .
In short, these kind of testing may be  a few years head  of its time.

The following  is copied from Gavin's research on the "Web Forum",take a look at it and you will have a better idea about this kind of testing.

Again, if we all work together and contribute our share,I believe the next 5 year will be very exciting in CC research.
God bless.

GWU Researchers Awarded $500K by NCI to Develop Biomarkers for Bile Duct Cancer

June 16, 2011 it the link will not work,just go to the "web forum" look for  Gavin's June 17 entry title (GWU-------);and you will find it.

http://www.genomeweb.com/proteomics/gwu-researchers