1 (edited by PCL1029 Sun, 17 Jul 2011 07:34:31)

Topic: Revise the topic entry suggestions

Hi,
If I may suggest,if we can   

1. Expand "chemotherapy" on that experience forum ,put it first on the list as "Systemic treatment options "---chemo therapy ,molecularly Tagareted therapy,immunological therapy and others " to reflect the current progress of treatment plans available.

2.Move the Radiation to 2nd place on the forum  to reflect the importance of it and change the entry to "Radiation Treatments and options" to reflect Radiation is a viable and important treatment option for CC.

3. Combine "resection and transplant"and change to"Surgery,Resection and Transplant Treatment options" into one entry  and put it as #3 on the list because all use  the surgical technique as the means to achieve their goal.

4. Change the "side effects" to "Adverse Reactions and Side Effects" to reflect other problems that is not related to medications only(ie: stents dislocation; problems caused by disease state. eg. ascites  and infections etc.)

4. Change  the "alternative treatment" to "complementary and alternative treatment-CAM" to reflect the up to-date  usage for discussion of the topic.

5.Create a new entry like"  Bits and Pieces of Information "to share and update  about cholangiocarcinoma." ---  a few lines  of information( small entries) that we can enter and share without long entry after research.
Thanks for listening.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: Revise the topic entry suggestions

Excellent idea, PCL .....although I much prefer that Resection and Transplant remain as is.
Thank you so very much for your research and info and your willingness to share your keen mind with all who read this site.

Lesley

Hi,Lesley
Thanks for your comment.
The "grouping"  are based on the methods and technique the doctors will  use to treat the patient ( the surgical group) if you like. But it really doesn't matter,the most important  thing is to get the info.out so everybody can share.
The "order" of the suggestions are based on the frequency of usage most likely when the patients try to look for info.on our web sites.
And the"name change or addition"are the reflection of  current medical practice.

I actually thinking about suggestion of adding "biomarkers and lab value"- The new trend and development of diagnosis and chemo -sensitivity  test and question related to the lab value for cholangiocarcinoma, so I can share them with the members  once I see it in my research. But I think the board members of this wed site will think PCL is making way too much noise and crazy. So I drop the idea .
Lesley,the materials that comes out from research now are a lot,but as you know,the researchers have to come out a lot of papers to continue to get funding from everywhere and that is why a lot of them may not be  good and useful for us as CC patient especially in the field of developmental or experimental research. I will take a look at them but
I concentrate  my limited energy on those that are at the end of  phase 2 and the beginning of phase 3 trial drugs especially done  by the pharmaceutical companies or universities now.
The possibilities of coming out an effective drug treatment during the next 5 years will be much better for those trials
Again,thanks for your time listening.
God Bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Percy....noise is good.  Keep it coming.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi,
Is there any chance that my  above suggestions on July 16 had passed along to the board of directors to evaluate any of my proposal of changes?
The reason is simple,today I try to start putting some info for molecularly targeted therapy(MTT).I will continue to add related info about MTT to that section in the future since MTT will be the principle  research therapy for cancer under ASCO vision  for the next 10 year.
I appreciate if at the least,add molecularly targeted therapy ,like side effects,to the discussion forum as an entry point  to reflect our commitment to the current medical and research development.
God bless.

Thanks, don't know how this slipped past.  I'll see what I can do this week.  (remember, you can always email me at rick@cholangiocarcinoma.org)

Hi,Rick,
Thanks for replying so soon,please take a look to see what you can to make this forum more current and reflect the current approach of cancer treatments fromNCCN to the vision just announced by  ASCO.
I appreciated your help.
God bless