Topic: 4 Years and Counting!

Good morning all!

Just checking in to let you all know that I had my 4 year CT scan last week and all looks well!  I do have a spot that the radiologist said needed "short term followup", but my internist says the the "high attenuating" lesion does NOT indicate a tumor.  It could just be a change on the surgical site.  I have no idea what that means, except for the words "that's not how a tumor looks".  My oncologist has never even called me, my sister in law was able to get the results in a couple days (she works for a different doctor), so at least I have the results.  Why are doctor's so slow to give people good (?) news????  I am assuming this is good news and am moving forward with it.  4 years!  I truly thought I would be long gone by now. 

As Maya Angelou said:  'I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.'

Hugs to all!
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Re: 4 Years and Counting!

Fantastic news.  I am so happy for you. 
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Sue, that's terrific.  Keep the good scans coming!

Jim
Hospitals/Doctors Link,  Our Experiences:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3126  See page 4 of thread for Dr. Tomoaki Kato info.
Major USA Cancer Centers:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/majorcancercenters.htm

Oh, Sue, that is just wonderful news and just keep on scaring the bad news aways!  YIPPEE

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Sue...Awesome news..many,many more clean scans is what I wish for you.  Thanks for sharing it gives hope to all of us!!

Sue
That's great news.....4 years and counting.    Nice one...........Gerry.

Hi again, Sue....How nice to hear from you again and then with such fantastic news to boot.  I am thrilled for you.  Congratulations.  Sure feels good for us to.
Hugs are coming your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

What wonder news for you and for everyone reading this...may there be many more clean scans and years ahead.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

What wonderful news!! It is so great to hear of people beating the odds of this horrible disease.My dad is still fighting.I pray he will be where you are someday!

Wonderful!! So happy for you!
Fully agree that the doctors are much quicker in delivering bad news than good news. Afraid of giving false hope?? As if that would be worse than giving false hopelessness?????

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Sue, what great news to celebrate!  I hope you are enjoying every bit of it.  smile

Hi Sue,
Great news! Praying that the four turns to fourteen...

God Bless!
bob

Hi Sue,

This is great news! Thanks very much for sharing it with us. I am looking forward to hearing more good news from you.

Bedst wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi Sue,
Great news!!! I'm so happy for you. 

Betsy

Congratulations! It is wonderful to hear good news and I wish you so many years of more good news! Hope that my dad will one day join you in the good news section!

Lourdes

AWESOME - now just get geared up for celebrating for the next four years!

Go with God and KEEP KICKIN' THAT cancer!

Margaret

Great news Sue.I am very happy for you!! Celebrate life every day.I hope my dad one day will be where you are!  Kathy

This is what we like to hear! Great news Sue! Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Sue, So happy to hear your good news!!!!!! Yea!! Amy

That is Fantastic! I am new but I know that is awesome news, CONGRATULATIONS!
Jackie

Thank you for keeping up with telling all about the good news!  Gives all of us hope and encouragement!

Awesome scragots!    I see you are from Indiana, where did you go for treatment?  My Mom has just been newly diagnosed and we live in KY.  Going for ALOT of 2nd opinions (2nd thru 5th opinions if we need to).  Just wondering your care & any info. of your situation if you care to share.  I am going to be ALL over this forum.  Looking for help & knowledge-the best power, besides God.  This forum and site is awesome.  So happy to chat with others with this cancer & their knowledge (and their caring families too)!  It is priceless!!  God bless you & MANY more fantastic scans ahead to you!!!