Topic: Not so good news
I just got my initial results from the MRI today. My bile duct has enlarged from my last MRI in May. This could either be from a stone or a tumor. Well, lets not put our heads in the sand-it is most likely tumor.
My lovely doctor is sending the images to several people for second and third opinions. I am so scared and frustrated. He is going away in the middle of next week for a week and he doesnt think he will get the results by then, so I will have to wait until the end of November for a final assessment and possibly a plan of action.
I am devastated. They said that the sooner it comes back the more aggressive the form of the cancer. I only had it removed in January. I am not even sure about what it means. I thought they removed my bile ducts in the surgery, how can one be enlarged (I didnt think to ask that at the doctor) I am angry they would not give me chemo when I begged for it. I think the most difficult thing for me is that if the result does come back as cc again, I have lost my chance of having children. I know in the scheme of things, that is really a small problem, but it is the one that really weighs on my heart.
My husband and I just snuggled on the bed together-he is very good at letting me cry. I was told not to make plans to go home for thanksgiving and Christmas as my doctor doesnt want me gone that long. I called my parents all in an uproar of emotions. All I want to do is go home. My dad called me back and said come home for two weeks, I will not know the results anyway and I might as well wait it out in the US. So, if I can I will head to South Carolina for a bit.
Sorry it is so long, I am a mess.
36 year old patient with buckets of hope