Topic: Bowling Fundraiser!

Hello all!

My good friends and I are hosting a big bowling fundraiser for CC on April 14 in Indianapolis.  We hope to get 100 people or more to attend.  The way things are going, I don't think it will be a problem!!! We hope to donate over $3000 to CC.ORG!!!

If anyone would like to attend, email me and I will give you the particulars! If anyone has ANY kind of items that can be used for raffles or auctions, again, please email and let me know!  I will be ordering a bunch of bracelets and some tshirts and mugs when we get through Christmas.

Cross your fingers that it all works out EXACTLY like I plan!

Grover and Cindy, I expect you and your families to be there bowling!!!

Hugs to all,
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

2 (edited by candrews Tue, 06 Dec 2011 04:51:45)

Re: Bowling Fundraiser!

Sue:
What an awesome idea!  My 27 year old son has been discussing possible fundraisers with others, but nothing has materialized, yet.  I am sure he will jump on this one too!  My husband does woodworking and I am a basket weaver.  I am sure we can come up with a few raffle/auction items!
Can't wait to hear the details so I can mark the date on my 2012 calendar!
P.S. I can't bowl  hmm   But I will try  : wink

Cindy,

YAY!!!  That all sounds fantastic!!!  Put it on your calendar...April 14, 2012 at 1:00.  It'll be in Indy at Woodland Bowl at 96th and Keystone on the north side.  And you think I can bowl???  I just pretend!!! 

Where are you from? Do you live in Indy? I hope to get Grover and his family to come too!  Convince him when you see him!!!

Hugs,
Sue

SUE! SUE! SUE! I am so excited to see your smiling face again. I am sure you saw your Indiana Peeps talking about you! OMG! How exciting!!!!! Sounds like you are doing well and that in itself is our Miracle Sue!  You will have to keep us  updated about this Tournament and as we get closer perhaps others may be able to attend! This is the most exciting thing ever and thanks for the good wake up news!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

5 (edited by scragots Tue, 06 Dec 2011 06:48:47)

Thanks, Lainy!!!  My ears were burning so I had to come check out what my "peeps" were talking about!!!

I will definitely keep everyone up to date on the bowling fundraiser!  It really is a real thing, bowling alley is booked, live band has been booked, fliers and requests for goodies are in the mail!!!

Here is the link to a First Giving page for donations to CC.org pertaining to the fundraiser.  All proceeds go directly to CC.org thru them. I see NONE of this money!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/s … hingforsue

(My good friend created the fundraising site and came up with the name...not ME!!)

If anyone is interested in info on the bowling fundraiser, just let me know!  it'll be held in Indianapolis on April 14th at Woodland Bowl at 96th and Keystone. Let me know if you are interested!!!

I hope I am not breaking any rules on CC.org, please let me know if I am.

And I am accepting ALL ideas for the fundraiser!

Love you all,
Sue

Sue, I am definitily going to look in to this down the road a bit. My only thought that first comes to mind is PRESS, PRESS, PRESS! I am also thinking a BIG Memoriall Book with pictures and letters from Members. This is very exciting!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Put us down and if you have any flyers you want to send over I will pass them out to my in-laws, to all of my dad "Grover"'s family and our co-workers!  I think we can break that $3000 goal!

Sounds like a wonderful time and I can't wait to meet you all!  I've heard about you both Sue and "Cindy Cubed" - that's the nickname I've giving you Cindy, dad works with another Cindy, so I call you CC Cindy or Cindy Cubed (hope you don't mind)!

April seems so far away but it will be here before we know it!

Suzanne

Sue, this is just what we need for our epidemic here in Indiana.  I read this post an hour ago and didn't know what to do first.  So excited.

I posted the info on my blog, and pushed all my readers to do something.

Yes, we will be there bowling, and I aim to be the best.  tongue   We still can compete can't we, just cause we have cancer.

If you need anything, let me know, I have contacts.  In fact I just happened to be in touch with Dr. Helft's office after reading this and they know about it, I need some flyers.

Grover

@ Suzanne, do you live in Avon?  If so, we are practically neighbors!   I live in Monrovia, which is off of I-70, 27 Miles SW of Indy.  Or, 7 miles West of Plainfield and/or Mooresville.  CC Cindy, I like that!  @ Sue, I was thinking about maybe putting some of the fundraiser flyers out at the Simon Cancer center.  Tha might spark some interest too.  My husband is getting excited too.  He is sure he can get his dad to bowl and maybe his mom!
And the Woodlawn Bowl @ 96th & Keystone, that is our old stomping ground.  My husband and I grew up on the Northside, and I graduated from Carmel H.S. , let's just say back in the 1970's.
As for the press, I might be able to get a small article in the local newspaper which circulates through this area and SW Indy.  There needs to be more CC awareness.
Oh,this is so exciting!
Hugs and prayers to everyone!

Cindy

Sue, your friend did a wonderful, amazing job on the fundraising site!

Be sure and give her my best!

Cindy

And something else for you Facebook users.  As you are reading the fundraiser site, "click" on the "like" button and it will post the link to your Facebook page.  I did, and started sharing it with my family on their Facebook pages.  Yes Grover, flyers at the Dr. Office and in the infusion center too!  Are you competitive Grover?  LOL!  I need to start getting shape for bowling!

Cindy

You are all just amazing!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Where I was excited this morning to be working on this fundraiser...you have all now raised it to another level!!!  I cannot wait to meet Cindy and Grover and both of their families in April (or before!!!)! I really appreciate all offers of help and all the wonderful ideas for the flier placement!  I will send out PDF files of the flier (or I can send actual copies if you would rather have them) by the end of the week.  Angie (one of my great friends who is helping with the fundraiser) is out of the office today but will be back in tomorrow.  She has the most current flier form.

If anyone else needs the flier in either form, please just let me know.  Maybe we can double our amount and donate $6000 instead!!! 

Ideas for flier placement, prizes, auctions, raffles...anything is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you all sooooo much!!!  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Hugs to you ALL,
Sue

I'm going to start practicing on the Wii @ home!  I plan on whooping some booty @ this Party!

PS - I've already started passing the word around work - hopefully I'll get some donors for Grover (dad) and his "CC Harem"  LOL

I am so glad you guys all found something so exciting to get involved in. I know you will have an awesome event. I wish we were closer so we could participate, but I think it is so great that you are raising money and awareness for CC. Bless you all.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pam, I'm sure we can figure out a way to share pictures, etc. with all of you guys out there!  You can be our remote participants!

Cindy

The Indiana Chapter of the CC Club rocks!

Cindy

You could have a 50/50 raffle. An arm's length of tickets for $5.00. Half the total money goes to the winning ticket holder and half to the charity. I would hang flyers everywhere they will let you. Grocery stores, beauty shops, hospital,restaurants near your homes. Get someone who is real outgoing to go to businesses and ask for donations or to make gift baskets for a silent auction. I would definitely pass out literature about CC. Most people have never heard of it. Oh, I wish I could help!

Love,-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pam,   You are helping by being here supporting us, and giving us ideas.  We love having a foreign correspondent.  Mb we can take our bowling on the road, after Sue's successful event and come your way.

Much thanks for the ideas and the thoughts,

Prayers and positive energy sent your way and to Lauren.

Grover    cool

Hi Sue and everyone...I just know that the fundraiser will be a spectacular event - how can it not be?  Great people - over the top enthusiasm - it is infectious and exhilarating.  If there is anything I can do to help out with please, let me know.  I don’t want to miss out on all the fun.
Hugs to you all,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I wish we could get a full contingent of CC.orgers, but I know that we all live so far apart.  Hopefully we will have a big turnout and will be able to donate a lot of money to CC so they know we believe in them and their purpose.  I appreciate all the support we have...from the CC board, Grover, Cindy and all of my friends.  We will keep you all up to date.  You are all a part of this!!! 

Hugs,
Sue

Sue.....who knows?  You may have started something for others to follow.  Two thumbs up for the Indiana division of the Cholangiocarcinoma Bowling Team.
Hugs right back at you,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hello all!

Plans are moving forward quickly!!!  Now Nate (the other person helping on the fundraiser with Angie) has decided we need to get a big name in the bowling alley to play for us (besides our beloved Gypsy Revival) and he wants to just close down the alley and have it totally CCer's!!!  You would not believe how excited and amazed I am at how this is all coming together.  We already have promises of basket donations, a couple more donations on the first giving page (http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/s … hingforsue) and promised packages from the Indiana Ice and our local radio DJ's Bob and Tom!!! 

Thanks to Gayle for asking for forms...they are already in the mail!  If anyone else would like some, just let me know!!!

If anyone wants to come join me, Grover, Cindy (candrews) and all of my good friends for a great cause (and a great time!!!), just let me know!!!

Hugs to all,
Sue

WOWSER, SUE!!!!  Right now I am at a total loss for words! You are certainly bowling us over!!!