Topic: Best Christmas Gift Ever!

Last Friday I had a repeat scan to have a new baseline before switching chemo drugs.  I hadn't expected there to be any change since the cis/gem wasn't working.  In fact, I was worried that with five weeks of no chemo I'd show a change in the wrong direction.

Imagine my surprise when my cell rang at work and the NP at my oncologists office was calling with results.

MY LIVER TUMOR HAS SHRUNK!

It was 10cm x 8cm x 6cm on the very first scan and this one shows it at 8cm X 6cm X 3cm!  I've now skipped around my office telling anyone who will listen, called every family member in my phone and bawled like a baby!

Merry Christmas and thank God for answered prayers!

Never give up!

Janine
http://thisthinginsideme.wordpress.com
Support my cause and donate to I'm Too Young For This Cancer Org: http://www.crowdrise.com/omg2012/fundraiser/JanineD23

Re: Best Christmas Gift Ever!

Yippeeeeeeee!! How awesome, Janine. I knew you were one tough cookie and would fight this thing like nobody's business. I am thrilled for you. Keep up the good work girlie!!

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Thank you sooooo much!  I was starting to get a little bummed and worried that this might be the last Christmas I had to spend with my husband.  It's news I really needed to revive my hope!

Janine
http://thisthinginsideme.wordpress.com
Support my cause and donate to I'm Too Young For This Cancer Org: http://www.crowdrise.com/omg2012/fundraiser/JanineD23

Janine....thanks for spreading the great news - makes for a fantastic day and a brighter Holiday season.
Enjoy, enjoy.
All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Janine, it is truly the Holiday of Miracle as you are the 2nd posting today full of so much HOPE! Keep up the good work and we are right with you. I know you will now have a Very Merry Christmas!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Janine:
I am so happy to hear of your shrinkage!! We LOVE shrinkage around here! It sounds to me like the chemo DID work... just took a while!
Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy every moment of it with your husband!!
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi Janine,

This is great news indeed! Thanks so much for sharing it with us all, and we never get tired of hearing the word shrinkage!! Looking forward to hearing more good news from you, and a Merry Christmas to you as well!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

WhooooHoooo! Janine, that is indeed good news. I'm going to believe with you that this is the start of the death of that tumor. May God continue to give you better than expected scans in the coming new year and astound the doctors.

God Bless!

bob

fabulous news Janine!!  You've made my day (and I dare say many others as well).
Merry Christmas
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Janine, I'm so happy for you. Wonderful news!!

Have a Merry Christmas and keep the good news coming!

Wishing you the best,
Eli

Yesyesyesyes   big_smile  You can do it!!!!!!!!!

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Wonderful, wonderful news! I think you may have lifted everyones spirit with this....and what a great time of the year to do so! Keep skipping and looking forward to the future it does a girl good!! All the blessings this holiday season brings...
Nancy