Topic: New CCA Patients Register On This Web Site (N0v.1-Dec.18,2011)

Hi, every one,

I will go back to work later this week, I may not have as much time as I want now to do things on the Web site along with all of you .
so, this is what I have done since Eli teach me to use the computer wisely.
God bless.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ix4 … CNTPk/edit

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: New CCA Patients Register On This Web Site (N0v.1-Dec.18,2011)

Percy....you were telling the truth about having a special like for medical research.  Fantastic work.  Thanks so very much.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Percy, you've done a lot of digging. Very impressive. Thank you!

4 (edited by PCL1029 Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:37:01)

Hi,
thanks Marion and Eli for your compliment. yes it is a lot of work;but if you love what you are doing  like both of you do,it is worthwhile.

Here is the breakdown for that  stats: for Nov1-Dec 18,2011(patient pop=22)
(# of patient information may not add up to 22 due to lack of data  provided)

with 6 in the 50's; 2 in the 60's ;3 in the 70's ;
            1 in the 80's ; 6 in the<50's; 4 with no data.
DIAGNOSIS : intrahepatic CCA=9
                  ; extrahepatic CCA=9
                   not sure ICC or ECC.= 4
(18 of the patient DX alone in 2011,with 2 recurrences ;4 passed away)

CHEMO/RADIATION:
                  GEM/CIS = Gemcitabine+ciplatin  protocol= 9 patients.
                   GEMOX = Gemcitabine+oxaliplatin protocol=2 patients.
                   GEMOX+panitumimab = 1 patient.
                   GEM/CIS+everolimus  = 1 patient.
                   5FU protocol +?         = 1 patient.
                   Not sure about protocol = 4 patient.
Geographic LOCATION: UK=1 pt. Egypt=1 pt;Canada=3 pts ; rest=USA.

The observation::
1.The Male to Female ratio; usually is  more in man than women.
2.There are 6 patients in the <50 age group;a LARGE difference from the
   reports that I had studied;age between  50-70 is the prevalence group.
3.GEM/CIS is the most used protocol in both ICCA and ECCA. and just one      using 5 FU(including capecitabine);that is a bit surprise to me.

BTW, this is just a simple data collection in a random selected period with NO  STATISTICAL adjustments. 
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

WOW! Percy, what a great job you did. So very interesting to see what and where the numbers are. I agree I thought the female to male was unbelievable. Makes you wonder if we are the only ones looking now and collecting numbers? Thanks so much, Percy!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Percy,

This is great, thank you so much for all of this! This must have taken you an age to do, so once again, thank you very much. That is great that you are going back to work, but you better take it easy! And I hope that all goes well with work.

Best wishes,

Gavin

PS - Stay warm!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks for this info! I think I'm the baby on the list!   cool

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

I think that at present it is our Lauren at age 25; but both of you have age on your side.  You are young and resiliant.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks for this Percy!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.