Topic: Gemcitabine and oxaliplatin with or without erlotinib in advanced bili

Gemcitabine and oxaliplatin with or without erlotinib in advanced biliary-tract cancer: a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 study.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanon … 1/abstract

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Gemcitabine and oxaliplatin with or without erlotinib in advanced bili

http://www.nelm.nhs.uk/en/NeLM-Area/New … ct-cancer/

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

My mom has been taking Cis/Gem for 6 treatments and her tumor is shrinking. She is going to take 6 more treatments and then they are going to add Tarceva 150mg daily. I'll let you know how it goes. She goes to MD Anderson.

Hi Faith,

Thanks for letting us know how your mum is doing and that is great to hear that she is having success with the Gem/Cis. Fingers crossed that the next 6 treatments work also and please let us know how she gets on with that.

Best wishes,

Gavin

Faith...we LOVE the good news! Here is wishing for much more continued success!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I am going to ask my onc about Gem and erlotinib since I can't have the oxaliplatin anymore. I want to have chemo after resection and wonder if the erlotinib will work with just the Gemcitabine.
I'll let you know what she says and if it's an option.

Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.