Topic: New discussion category?

What do you think about creating a category (like the general discussion, good news) for "where are you?"  Maybe that would give people a place to connect?  You could create threads for regions  "northeast", "southwest" etc. and people could put their locations in the appropriate region?
Just a thought...

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: New discussion category?

I think that is a great idea!

Best wishes!
Susie

Oh and I didn't mean to be so United States-centric.  Certainly it would be good to include other countries.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I like that idea too!

Great idea Randi.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi...I also like your idea.  But at each sign-up members have the option of listing their location which then will appear below their screen name.  Would that not serve the same purpose?

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion,

I agree that you can see where people are from on their username information, however, that doesn't tell you that they would like to connect and also it's pretty scattered.

I was thinking of a place where people could proactively say that they wanted to connect with someone in their area.

-Randi-

Got it, Randy.  I will bring the request to the attention of the board members at our next phone conference.  I know one thing though, that everything has to do something with the web space provided (or the lack thereof.)
In the meantime I don't see any reason for not starting a thread right now.  Pam just did it with great results. 
Just go for it, Randi. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Randi and all ......just revisiting this great idea of yours (and the others.)  Making changes to the website may prove a bit to daunting at this time however; it would be nice to continuously revive a thread similar to the physician/treatment centers established by our members.

http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … hp?id=3126

We could use the "Introduction" thread for this purpose.

What do you think?

Hugs,
Marion

We discussed this matter at the previous CCF board conference.   The consensus is that members have the choice of adding their home location to the signature- seems that some are not inclined to do so.  I agree with you, Randi, it would be nice to have a thread designated for the purpose of a personal connection only. 
Hugs,
Marion

Is there a thread for member locations now? If so, what is it listed under?

12 (edited by PCL1029 Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:18:35)

Hi,
I think the time has come for bringing up this suggestion for the board meeting next week.
I think, like other foundations, a devoted paid full time or part time employee to manage the web site, to provide up to date changes, to explore additional means and new ideas to keep the members engaged and excite others to join thru different channels may be the answer.
This forum is our window to the world and should be address first and expend in order to really catch up with other foundations later in terms of expending our reach and influence  of this foundation both inside and  outside of the States of America.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.