Topic: Excited to meet another CC member

Lauren and I are so excited for tomorrow. We discovered lisacraine lived close by and I mentioned this to her on this site. She got in touch with me by e-mail and gave me her phone number. We have spoken twice on the phone and are also Facebook friends.  She is such a sweet person. We are meeting for lunch tomorrow for the first time!! Lauren and Lisa will have so much to talk about. I think this is great because even though they both have many friends, no one really understands exactly what they are going through. Now they will each have that and I think it is such a miracle that they have found each other. I know we will all form an instant bond and have a great time together. Lisa,
if you read this, we can't wait to see you. Take care everyone.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Excited to meet another CC member

GREAT! Pam and Lauren it is a feeling like never before to meet a CC Family member!!! I am so excited for you all, wish I could join you! Have a great lunch and I know the conversation will be flowing!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

That's great Pam!!  I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.  I think it will be great for Lauren to have a cc friend. 

Take care!
Susie

Pam....I am excited for Lauren and Lisa.  Nothing comes close to the instant feeling of camaraderie we experience when meeting up with someone who understands as well as a fellow CC patient.  Some incredible friendships have evolved.  I wish the same for Lauren and Lisa.  As they say:  I wish to be the fly on the wall.
All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Pam,

I think it's great that Lauren and Lisa will get to meet and talk about their experiences with CC.  Just don't let them forget to eat their lunches.  Have fun tomorrow and tell Lauren and Lisa that there are many people praying for them.  PeggyP

Hi Pam,
I live in the Chagrin Falls area. 

Hi Lisa - how are you?  I hope we can meet soon too!

Betsy

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I wish you all could be there.
Betsy- maybe we can all get together sometime in the near future!
Love to everyone, -Pam

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

We had the best time at lunch today. We were there for 3 hours!! Lisa was an absolute doll. So funny and sweet. Lauren and Lisa enjoyed swapping chemo stories and Lisa even showed us some of her resection scar. It was like we had known each other our whole lives. One really crazy thing happened. Our server heard Lisa mention a reporter's name that had written an article about Lisa for our local paper and she said "Oh, I know her. She did an article about me when I had a liver transplant in May." This girl looked to be maybe 23 and really healthy. What are the odds 2 people with cc would meet someone who had a liver transplant. She didn't have cc. Some kind of disease where she had a clotting problem in her liver. We could not believe it because Lauren and Lisa were just talking about transplants minutes before. Crazy!!!! I wish you all could have been there . It was such a special day. Lisa, we love you.

Sad news. When we got home Lauren's doctor called and said no chemo tomorrow. Her platelets were only 79. So hopefully next week. The only bad thing with that is that Giovanni's family is having a benefit and silent auction for Lauren next Sat. and she might feel cruddy for it. Good thing is that the Italian club holds like 300 people and we have almost that many people coming. It should be a great time.

Pa,. I just knew today would be successful and so glad you had a wonderful visit. Sorry that Lauren's  platelets were too low but I have a feeling that no matter what she will rise to the occassion come her big night with Gio's family. By the way, Teddy and I were married at the Italian Community Center in Milwaukee. FUN. FUN.FUN! Not to mention the best food! You will ahve to let us know how thatevening goes as I sure it will be a huge success!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Meeting Lauren and Pam today was amazing. They are two lovely ladies with such positive attitudes. I felt like I had known them forever. I can't wait for our next get together. Here is to my two new friends..xxxoo

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Pam,

I'm so glad you had fun!  I knew you would!  That's crazy about the liver transplant.  What a small world.
How exciting about Lauren's benefit!  That is such a good turn out.  I hope they raise lots of money for her!
Sorry to hear Lauren won't be able to get chemo.  I'm sure she is upset.
How has her white count been?  My white count has been low throughout chemo but my platelets are good.  Ask Lauren if she would be interested in trading some of her white blood cells for some of my platelets.  wink
If only it were that simple!

Take care and great to hear the update!

Susie

There really is something special about meeting someone dealing with CC and particularly someone from this forum. A year ago June Donna and I had the extreme pleasure of meeting face to face with Teddy and Lainy and sharing lunch (Italian of course!) and conversation. Immediatley they felt like long lost friends to us. My next meeting with Teddy will be in "that better place"...

Blessings to all,
bob

Thanks, Bob we felt the same way however, I think Teddy can wait a while to see you! He is very busy you know. Got to keep that Restaurant going, check on all his friends like the Rat Pack, Elizabeth Taylor and Vince Lombardi and of course to keep watch over me! Hugs to Donna and I hope youa re doing well!

Susie,

Lauren would be happy to trade you some of her white blood cells for platelets. Like you said, if only it were that easy. Lauren hasn't had any problem with white blood cells, just those darn platelets. Her nurse called today and said stay away from crowds, don't use knives, brush teeth softly, avoid strenuous activity, take temp every day, watch for bloody noses, bruising, blah blah blah. In other words, as Nancy said in her post, wrap her up in bubble wrap!! Hope you are doing well, Susie. Take care.

Love, -Pam

What a wonderful connection made! Looks like more may be made through this board! It's great to connect with people on here that understand and care but to meet in person - awesome! Positive thoughts for Lauren's platelets going up being sent. Maybe she just needed a rest this week. Hugs to all.Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Yes, just call us the LWL. (Ladies who lunch!! ) Lauren and I are meeting Lisa at her house then driving to a restaurant up towards Cleveland to meet our very own Betsy. We are very excited to meet another CC member. Should be a great time. I will let you know how it goes. We are so happy to be meeting such wonderful people. Take care everyone.

Love, -Pam

Pam, I am highy jealous of the LWL. So, I am going to try to make July in Wisconsin happen and meet up with Darla and Margaret! Have a wonderful time!

Hey, I'm a Lady, why can't I Lunch?? (probably because I live in Oregon)

I'm jealous. I'm sure it will fun and I demand updates!! Lol.  Good for you, Pam.  Lauren is lucky to have such a great mom.

Take care!

Susie

How exciting.  I can't wait to hear all about it. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. 
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi everyone,
I just got back from lunch with Lisa, Lauren and Pam.  It was wonderful to meet in person. I felt an instant kinship with each one.   They are all beautiful!  Just like me they are dealing with treatments and doctor appointments and questions that have no answers.....except "we have to wait and see."  I also found it interesting to hear what everyone was doing before cholangiocarcinoma.  Thanks to the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation I have new friends.   We are planning on getting together again and I can't wait. smile

Betsy

Hugs to Lisa, Lauren and Pam.  Just curious, was I the only one to go home and take a nap?  C'mon...seriously?  eating wears me out? smile

You ladies are doing us proud and making us feel so good!!! WOW! You have your own mini convention! I just think it is like a shot of adrenelin and love when meeting others in the same situation. I LOVE it!

22 (edited by Pamela Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:09:41)

Hi everyone,

Well, it was another awesome time. Lauren and I drove to Lisa's house since it was about halfway to our destination. I must tell you, Lisa has a gorgeous house and a kitchen you could only dream of. Lisa then drove us to the restaurant. I don't even remember the drive up because we were too busy talking. We ended up in a suburb of Cleveland and went to eat at an Italian restaurant called Bravo. When we got there Betsy was already seated and waiting for us. What a dear, sweet lady. She was so kind and such a gentle soul. Lauren and I absolutely loved her. With her and Lisa (the bright, shining life of the party) we couldn't have asked for a better time. It is so weird, but when you meet someone else with CC it feels like they are an old friend. You don't have any of the awkwardness you might have when you meet someone for the first time. I think our poor waiter had to come back three times before we were ready to order because we had so much to talk about and questions to ask. If all the people in the world were half as nice as these two lovely ladies, the world would be a much better place. We feel so blessed to have them both in our lives. Thank you CC Foundation for starting this discussion board. We probably would have never met Lisa and Betsy without you.

Lainy- I hope your plans for meeting Margaret and Darla work out. I will then be jealous because I would love to meet all of you.

Susie- I wish you could have been with us so much. It is the best feeling to meet people from this site.

Betsy- I think you were just tired because you had to chew twice as much as we did with that "raw food". Haha Just kidding. I wasn't tired at all and neither was Lauren. We were too pumped up from an awesome time!!

Can't wait until we meet again Cholangiocarcinoma Cuties!! (This name was coined by Lisa.)

Love, -Pam and Lauren

And the mini convention continues! so good! Say, Pam, how far is Uniontown from Milwaukee??????  LOL

What a lovely recoup of a great day.  I can read the joy in your postings.  Feels good on this end too.
Hugs
Marion

Hi Everyone,

I posted pictures of our lunch with Lisa and our lunch with Lisa and Betsy.
You can see them on Lauren's Caring Bridge site or my Facebook page.
You have to be my friend to see my FB page so if you're not, just ask to be my friend! I am listed on Facebook under Pam Kunklier.

Here is the link to Lauren's Caring Bridge. When you get to it, just click on Photos.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/laurenkunklier