Topic: A special day

Hello all,

Yesterday, January 29, 2012 was my 5th anniversary for being cancer free!  I had surgery on January 29, 2007 at IU Med Center in Indianapolis where the doc removed the right lobe of my liver and my gallbladder.  I am amazed that the time has gone by so quickly. 

My son, daughter in law and little grand-daughter took me and any husband to PF Changs, my favorite Chinese restaurant, for some great food!  They even brought me beautiful spring flowers.

I wanted to send out hope to all or you survivors to remind you that miracles do happen! Keep fighting!

My thoughts and prayers go out to each and every one of you.

Hugs,
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Re: A special day

How nice.  Keep the celebrations coming.

Jim
Hospitals/Doctors Link,  Our Experiences:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3126  See page 4 of thread for Dr. Tomoaki Kato info.
Major USA Cancer Centers:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/majorcancercenters.htm

Congratulations Sue!  P.F. Changs you said?  What a perfect place to celebrate.  It's one of my favorite restaurants....they have a great gluten-free menu. 

I'll add my good news to this post.  In January 2012, I hit the 3 year mark for being cancer-free.  smile

Hugs,
Betsy

SUE, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  It just doesn't get any better than this!
I love P.F. too!   May your good Fortune Cookies continue on and on and on!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Besty, a huge Congratulations  to you as well. I have one request to all of you. When the day comes that this site is not needed anymore, let's all stay in touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Congratulations to both Sue and Betsy!! I LOVE reading posts like these!!
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Sue and Betsy....Congratulations.  It does not get much better than that.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Congratulations to you both!!

Susie

Betsy and Sue,

Congratulations to you both!!!  I've been reading a few of your older posts and you are definitely inspiring to me!  I had my surgery in Jan. 2010 so hit the 2-year mark this month and am also cancer free and feeling good.  Actually, today I rode my bike 10 miles and briskly walked for 45 minutes. Thanks for posting your good news....certainly gives me hope!

Big hugs to you both!

Lainy,

Absolutely!

xxoo
Betsy

Love the good news!! Congrats to both of you.  we all have reason to celebrate when we see posts like yours!!

Hip hip hooray!!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Sue and  Betsy,
Congratulations are definitely in order for both of you. I'm sure many are inspired by you great reports. Keeo it up...

God Bless,
bob

WooHoo!!! Congratulations to both of you. You are so amazing. You will keep everyone's HOPE flames burning. Betsy- It was the best to meet you in person. You are such an awesome lady. Lauren really liked you too. Sue- You are always so upbeat and positive. I am glad we are FB friends too! Much love to both of you lovely ladies.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Sue and Betsy,

Congratulations to you both! Great news from you both and I hope that you will enjoy your well deserved celebrations! Love reading posts like these and looking forward to reading more of them from you both!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Sue & Betsy

Amazing news........congrats to both of you.

Gerry

Sue and Betsy,  Love hearing this great news! You give hope and inspiration to many. Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

GREAT NEWS SUE.  This is music to my ears.  Keep up the awesome work.