And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.

Emily Dickenson

Loving my husband from afar.

Re: Hope

Lovely, Nancy. 
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

3 (edited by Lainy Mon, 09 Jan 2012 07:02:11)

Nancy, beautiful, thank-you. And I HOPE you are doing OK.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I love it Nancy. Hope is sure what keeps us going.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Love it.  Thinking of you and your family always, Nancy.

Jen

I am thinking of all of you often. My family is staying strong and trying to keep the humour despite continual challenges of life, such as my broken arm, my son's whiplash and just a week ago one of my daughter's fractured a vertebrae snowboarding. Thankfully there was no spinal cord damage. Ironically Shannon is an orthopedic nurse and ended up on her own ward. Tamia, my youngest daughter, has headed to Kelowna to go pick her sister up (with a bed made in the back of my GMC Jimmy). She will be bringing her home to me for awhile, so it will be the broken arm mom looking after the broken back kid!
I have been blessed with the help and support of neighbours and co-workers. Tamia tells me that my broken arm has allowed me to accept help instead of trying to do it all! Really hard to snowblow or shovel with one arm! Those out there widowed and living on their own, will know the challenges!
I will at some point be able to physically, (getting better at one armed typing, though) and mentally return to the board more often. 
Oh my, this is much more than a thought!
Here is something to think about:-

“No one cries very much unless something of real worth is lost. Tears are the jewels of remembrance – sad, but glistening with the beauty of the past.” - James Peterson

Lainy and Jen (and all other believers), I continue to get signs from Doug; like a couple of occasions when I felt "the cat" crawling in bed with me to find no cat at all, dimes in funny locations, turned off lights turned back on and twice recently finding the toilet seat up in the morning! But my dear Shanny while lying in her hospital bed reached for her phone to text a friend and Doug's picture was displaying. She said that picture is in her phone but she has to go into her pictures to bring it up. He was there to tell her he is with her and she will be okay! And so will I, a day at a time. Hugs to all
Nancy

Nancy, Nancy...first of all what the heck is your family doing to each other?? Sure hope you are all on the Quick mend now!
I am so happy that Doug is with you! I tell you it is what gets me through knowing that Teddy is here. I keep a log and I have 48 entries from Dec. 6, 2010. When I feel lonely I read the log. Now that the Chirstmas music is over for December Teddy is back on the 'oldies' station. See, the thing is that our songs just don't come on they come on at certain times. Like, when I am meeting up with a friend, with the kids, special things I am doing. I also have felt a pressure on my arms and legs when I am in bed at night. These guys have their tricks don't they and we are mighty glad about it. Your phone story reminded me of a year ago when my Granddaughter was in Israel. She took 400 pictures and one had the biggest ORB over her head. Last May I turned on the computer and there it was. I had not brought it up in 2 months and out of 400 pictures it kept popping up on the computer.  After about 15 minutes I said, "OK Teddy bear I know its you" and it stopped. Never has done it again.  Another thing he loves to do is turn my TV sound up and down.  Beyond all that I am so glad to hear you are doing your new normal so well aside from some broken bones! Very good to see your smiling face on here!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Dear Nancy,

I am a believer and I think it is awesome you hear from Doug. I hope you and your family have speedy recoveries. Take care and hope to hear from you in the future.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I don't know how I missed this thread until now.  Nancy - I'm glad to hear that despite everything going on, you are doing okay.  I hope the arm (and back, and neck) all heal quickly and you get your healthy family back very soon!  I think of your family often, and get little tidbits from Tamia's facebook on how you are all doing.  I'm happy to hear that Doug is around you and your family - it's a huge blessing, and definitely makes the loss a bit easier to bear.  I hope you are all coping okay - I imagine the process is very similar to my own families which means plenty of ups and downs, but I know for us, having each other to lean on makes the tough days a little easier. 

Thinking of you all. 

Jen

Hi Jen,  Took Shanny back to Kelowna for a doctor's appt. and for her 28th birthday yesterday. She had a nice birthday with her friends but had a hard time realizing it was her first birthday without her dad and seeing only mom's name on the card was difficult. She is feeling some improvement in her back. Devin is back snowboarding so I guess his neck is much better; he's actually taking an avalanche course right now. My cast came off last week and I started physio today. So, we are all on the mend and I continue to bubble wrap Tamia!
It would be great if we could meet up someday. Maybe in the spring or summer Tamia and I will do a Calgary trip. She still has good friends there from when she lived there. Would love to stop and see your dad's bench on the way.  Hugs to you and your mom. Nancy