1 (edited by Lalupes Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:11:02)

Topic: CC AWARENESS MONTH

Hello dear family

I have found it so hard to come here over the past few months.  I miss Kris & Val & other loved ones of our CC family so much.  But as I write this, I can hear next door's clock chiming midnight - so here in the UK, CC Awareness Month has just begun.

It's our 2nd Awareness Month & it reminds me of how far I have come with you all & how lost I would be without you beside me.

My sister is back in the Hospice tonight, undergoing "symptom control".  She's still doing better than anticipated - particularly as we were told last October that we were within days of losing her - & yet here she still is.  The stays in the Hospice are becoming more & more frequent & we're all feeling the strain, but she's still here & we're still making wonderful memories.

You are all in my heart & I hope to be able to come back more often, now I've broken through the paralysis which has gripped me since October.

I'm doing my best to update my blog more regularly, so if you'd like to know more, here's the link:

http://lalupes.blogspot.com/

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: CC AWARENESS MONTH

Dearest Lalupes, so good to see your smiling face again. I am so sorry to hear about your Sister and Hospice and I hope she is being kept very comfortable. We have missed you and I am glad you are back. Hugs and prayers going your Sister's way!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thank you, Lainy. I've missed you, too.  It's good to be back.  I'm so glad we have CC Awareness Month, which almost forced me to get back to the Boards.  I just couldn't let it pass.

XX

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Julia,

Great to see you back over here again, you have been missed by us all! I'm really sorry to hear about Susan being in the hospice right now. I so know what you are going through right now and the strain that you talk of. Hospice will take great care of Susan and you all keep on making these memories now.

I hope that you can get back here more often if you can and please know that we are all thinking of you, Susan and Nanette.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Val...know that my thoughts are with Susan, you, and
your family. I agree, it is painful to remember those lost to this cancer.  But they are not forgotten, and they never will be forgotten.  They are the reason for out commitment to bring about a cure for this disease.  We fight in their honor, we push for treatments for those diagnosed and we fight on behalf of those not yet aware. 
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER