Re: Screen Name?

Outrageous, isn't it, Darla - lol.

It's a great thread. I'm enjoying all the contributions smile

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Not really great, and I'm not a Sesame street person.  At one time I loaded a trailer at UPS going to Willow Grove, PA, and I needed a name for a NASCAR fantasy team.  So I became " Grover "

I also have been know as " Bulkster " only because I recently worked on the Bulk belt, not because I'm a big and think muscle builder.

Also " Captain"  also " jrguth "  also "J Richards".  I'm good at this being anonymous bit.  My parents don't know what to call me sometimes  lol

Believe it or not I have had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of all my user names and different passwords.  Obviously if someone is going to steal my password, it will only work at a few sites.  Used to keep it on a PDA, but I forgot and the battery went dead, dead, and wouldn't recharge.  Lost every thing and had to go to each site and click on " can't remember your user name", can't remember your password?  What a mess.

Only me,  Grover

Grover: I know the feeling about user names and passwords. I use 3 names and 3 different passwords. So if you know a password you MIGHT get the right username and site. And vice versa. I need to do a spreadsheet just in case...

And Lainy: I was a CBer, too. I was "Golden Girl" before Susan Anton. My hair is reddish and golden blonde, so used that handle. But got a lot of flack after Susan Anton used my name. Then everyone was asking if I thought I was that good looking (I was!! hehe)?? So I became Viking Princess. I'm 100& Norwegian, my favorite football team is the Vikings, I LOVE purple, and I can trace my mother's lineage back to the first kings of Norway. So... maybe I should change my name here to Viking Princess?? Much more interesting!
Oh and I forgot, I'm Dncnggirl on dating sites! Why oh why wasn't I creative on here???

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Actually, we were into the CB's back in the day also, but we had a vested interest.  We owned an electronics business and bought, sold & repaired them along with using them in all the vehicles.  I didn't use them often.  Mostly just listened in.  I can't even remember what our "handles" were.  Then again, I'm getting old.  smile  What can I say.  Have to say back then they were very useful on road trips and in an emergency.

As for you Julia,  I will never think of you in the same way.  Now that I know your name has other connections.   smile  I'm enjoying this thread, too.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

This post is a riot. I didn't contribute at first because mine is a no brainer.  Pamela is my first name. I go by Pam. My screen name on everything else is SamelaPoo. I really didn't want people commenting on my posts with Dear SamelaPoo so I just made it Pamela. My real name is Pamela Sue, but my Mom always calls me SamelaPoo or Sam.

Julia- I love your story. It is just so adorable.

Pam- I always thought that was your last name.

Randi- Whenever I see your name I always think Ran dig bee just like you said. Haha.

walkingthepath- Love the meaning of your name.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

"SamelaPoo" is just BRILLIANT  lol

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Samelapoo. I love it. It's fun to sometimes play around with people's names - reversing order and such. We had a Pastor by the name of Finch (may he rest in peace) so he was Pastor Finch. However, to some of us he was... wait for it... wait for it... Faster Pinch.

bob

You are too much Bob!! It is nice to laugh instead of cry sometimes, isn't it?

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Fastor Pinch! I LOVE it!!! It's great to have a pastor you can joke with. I love my pastor. He's a great guy. But he doesn't have the name Fastor Pinch. You can bet I'll tell him that story on Sunday tho!  big_smile

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

I treasure opportunities to laugh. My wife Donna will look across the room at me thinking I'm crazy when I'll think of something and start chuckling all by myself. Proverbs says: "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine but a broken spirit dryeth up the bones." OK, Enough - I've got to go to bed before I fall asleep in the chair.

Blessings!!

bob

You are all way to much. I say let's take this act on the road. Can you just imagine a bunch of CC patients doing a comedy about CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I'm sick!  big_smile

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

We had to come up with an email address when we got the internet at home so we took our last name and the first initial of both of our names and came up with cragots.  I think I actually logged in with that username on CC.org at one point, and promptly forgot the password or some such info so I had to re-register.  So, added another S in front so I became Scragots.  That's it, very exciting!  Very interesting question, I have always wondered the same thing!

I love my little car.  I got it a year and a half ago...a bright, sunny yellow VW Beetle!  My grand-daughter named her Honeybug.  I had her pinstriped and then had them add a ribbon symbol just below my door handles. Not only am I a cancer survivor (5 years!) but my son is a Special Forces soldier so the yellow car is a great color choice.  Cancer survivor and supporting our troops! 

As a side note, my son just came home yesterday from his 8th tour in Iraq/Afg/Pak. I am so happy and relieved to have him home.  He lives in N.C. (we are in Indiana) and has a wife and four daughters. 

Hope everyone is doing well.  We are all geared up for the Super Bowl Sunday.  Since our beloved Colts are not playing, guess I'll have to root for the Giants.  The Colts and the Patriots are long time rivals.

Enjoy the weekend!!!

Hugs,
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Sue, please give your son a giant thank-you from me! I can only imagine your thrill and relief at having him home safe and sound. No matter where I am, if I see a soldier I thank them! I have been doing that with Police as well as we loose too many here in Phoenix. I am going to a Super Bowl party but since the Packer's are not playing will probably visit and eat!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Sue...so many good things for you to celebrate.  It always is great to hear from you.
Enjoy...
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Sue,
As a veteran, I too want to extend a big thank you to you and your own private hero, your son.