Topic: Make sure you are sitting down.

I saw my Onc. today for the results of my CT scan on Weds, Feb. 1.  I found out that when we started this journey last June my tumor was the size of a small cantaloupe.  It is now the size of a baseball, not softball, but baseball.  No signs of marble sized cancer cells in the right lobe.

Because of this scan, my overall health and the great chances of recovery,  I will be undergoing a resection on March 1st.  Obviously my wife and family are all walking on air today.

Prayer and true belief in God is the answer.  He is active in our lives even though sometimes we wonder.  My wife and I believe that God led us to this hospital and these Doctors.  We believe that God led us to the right chemo concoction.  That God was there with his healing hand on my shoulder leading us step by step to this moment of healing.  Having never had surgery I believe he won't leave me on the operating table, even though I have my apprehensions about the surgery.

Sorry for the preaching, but I'm no saint, I'm a sinner like all of us, but for some reason I can't explain he is with me on this journey.

Thanks for all your prayers, and I say there is hope and a future for all of us fighting this disease.

Grover

Re: Make sure you are sitting down.

Grover.   This is such a miracle. God never leaves us and I truly believe in the power of prayer. I am so happy for you and your family. Where are you be treated at ?  Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Cindy Andrews and I are both treated by the same Dr's at IU Simon Cancer Hospital in Indianapolis.

Onc. is Dr. Paul Helft
Surgeon is Dr. House, not the 1 on TV.

Grover is truly a miracle and I am so happy to have heard the good news straight from Grover this afternoon at the infusion center.  I was also able to get in some good congratulatory hugs too!  I will continue to pray for you and a very successful resection surgery on March 1st!  You will always be my chemo buddy and I will never forget our good talks!  I hope to be in your shoes in a few months!

Cindy

Grover, I am over the moon with this post of yours! This is the best news ever. I will be praying for God to come through your surgeons hands and after the scrimmage you have just fought I know you are going to win the battle! Enjoy the weekend and celebrate! Are we all nuts or what the way we get so excited about surgery???

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Grover;

I am so happy for you and your family.  We must believe as it is sometimes all we have.  And, we are all sinners.  Hugs to you.

Grover....incredible, fantastic, welcome news.  Good by chemo pants - hello resection, soon.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Fantastic news Grover!!  So very happy for you.
March 1st is around the corner and i wish you great success with your surgery.

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Grover:
I am so happy to hear your news!! I pray for everyone on this board every night. Tonight I will stress the words "And please give their surgeons the skill and wisdom to have successful surgeries"!!! I can't wait to hear your good news after the resection is over.

Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Great news!! So happy for you. Best of luck with the surgery!

Allelulia!!!! Soo excited for you. God does have a sense of humor, this is leap year so you have to wait one extra dayand other time that wouldn't matter!!!!
Surgery will be no big deal after all you have been through.
Enjoy the moment and lots of prayers and hugs for you and your family!!
Cathy

Grover,Captain, whatever you would like to be called today,

It brought tears to my eyes to hear that you can have a resection. What a miracle. I am beyond happy for you and your family. I will be praying for a successful surgery and clean margins!! Bless you. God heard those loud prayer pants! Take care.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I'm gonna throw a Mazel Tov in there, you can't have too many religions praying for you with CC involved! I had plenty of different ones during my current journey. Fantastic news. Mention to the doc if they have a cancellation that you are willing to move up in line, I did, and my original 9/21/11 date was bumped up a week to 9/14, can't hurt to ask, can it??

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (15) and Sydney (13)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

god bless you, i have had 20 months more then expected. <prayers are the answer....

Wonderful news...best of luck with your surgery.  God is good! Prayers will be with you.
Nancy

I want to thank everybody on this board for your love, prayers and support.  I want to be able to do the same for you.  My wife and I are walking on air right now, trying to understand why us?

As high as we are right now with excitement, I also know that there could be kinks and roadblocks that have to be navigated.  I know that for whatever reason, they might not get all the cancer, that it may reoccur, that there may be infection.  But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

So right now thanks for sharing our excitement and supporting us.

God bless us all, Grover cool

Grover....why not you?  You, as anyone else deserve the opportunity of receiving a resection.  To have this disease is not a punishment rather, I prefer to view it as an act of nature - a mean act of nature.   
So, revel in it, dear Grover.  I certainly do.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Grover,

This is excellent news! Thanks so much for sharing it and I hope that the good news continues to roll for you! You say why us, and Marion really sums it up perfectly when she says why not you Not much more I can add to that apart from saying enjoy this news and celebrate!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Grover,

This is such wonderful news!!!  I wish you the best with the resection!!  I know there are so many on this board who are hopeful for resection.  Maybe it would be helpful to share what chemo cocktail you were on in this thread so others have it for a reference?
Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful news!!  I will be praying for a successful resection and smooth recovery.  Please keep us posted!

Take care,

Susie

Grover,
WOW! Great news indeed! As we all know, resection is the best chance for a cure. God has truly answered your prayers. BTW, I like to correct people when they talk about the power of prayer. In my opinion, it is really the power of the Living God activated by prayer and the power of God is present with you and your family at this time.

Prayers coming your way,
bob

Grover's good news has given me hope for a resection in the future!

Cindy

YES! What wonderful news!!! God is good. smile Your story gives us all hope. Who is your doctor? Care to share some more of your story? My biggest tumor is also in my left lobe, with very small stuff in the right. I'm praying all the stuff in my right lobe is gone too. What type of chemo are you on?

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

23 (edited by Grover Sat, 04 Feb 2012 16:59:21)

Thanks again.

Susie,   I had the Gemcitabline/Platinol recipe.  I would take 4 hours on a schedule of 2 weeks, 1 off, then see the Onc with chemo to follow to start the next cycle.

Tiff, my story is in the introductions under " The road traveled by others "
probably back around late Oct. or Nov.

To the newer people on the board, if you click on the posters name it will bring up a box.  In that box, you can see 2 lines, ie., see all of Grovers posts, or see all of Grovers Topics.   That may help to fine out more info and to find older posts.

Thanks again for all the support

Just want to point out that Platinol is another name for Cisplatin. In other words, Grover received the (near-)standard Gemcitabine/Cisplatin treatment.

I will check your story out!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013