Re: Doing well after 2 years!

I guess there are some problems in having a survivors site, but I sure am happy when I see postings like scargots who is 5 years post resection!  Makes my day!
Marions, if you ever need volunteers to work at a symposium in Florida (in the winter) or MN (in the summer), I would be very interested in helping.

I'll add my offer to help in the Philadelphia area, depending on where and when.
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Great and thanks...I appreciate your offer, Kris and Dianne.  Would you please send an e-mail to marion.schwartz@cholangiocarcinoma.org including, name, address and phone number?
Thanks a bunch,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Three years cancer free after a resection!

I was lucky to have had my cancer caught very early by a wonderful surgeon who noticed an abnormality on my liver when he took out my gall bladder.

I'm posting because when I first visited this site I was looking for stories of survivors. Searching the internet had provided only dismal statistics and I was looking for hope. It was hard to find here, but it did exist.

I hope that stories like mine will give all who deal with this disease hope, an important ingredient in everyones's survival.

Good luck to all.

phoebe....thank you, congratulations, thank you.....
If only more of our survivors were to step forward and be as kind as you are their hopeful story with us.   
Congratulations again,
Hugs and love
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Phoebe,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us all and I know that it will give hope to so many people. And congratulations to you on your 3 years. Here's to the next 3 years and I so much look forward to hearing more from you.

My best wishes to you,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thank you Phoebe, for posting! I love to hear how many years people are cancer free. It definitely gives me hope!

Kris

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Dear Phoebe, CONGRATULATIONS! We so love the good news stories and there seem to be more of them lately than not. What a wonderful way to start our February CC Month! Thanks for posting your good news.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Pheobe!

I too scour this site for good news and I agree with Lainy that for the past few weeks it seems like there has been quite a bit.  I have a love/hate relationship with coming to this site.  This is the Love part!

Thank you so much for posting this!
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Phoebe,

Thanks for posting. I love stories that give me hope for my daughter and everyone else. Congratulations on being a survivor!!

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Well, I don't know if we will ever be cancer-free...but if we keep going in the stable category, I feel that we are surviving...we have survived one year...and in a few months we'll be two year survivors. I pray that one day we can say that he has been cured.

Julieanne, AMEN to that! One day at a time does it!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Dianne, so good to hear your still clean.  I'm approaching my third new birthday as I call it.  I'm going through a period of uncertainty, but there's no clear evidence that the monster is back.  I'll know more tomorrow (PET in the AM), will have the scoop by noon, the hospital gods willing.

Keep your good scans coming.

Jim
Hospitals/Doctors Link,  Our Experiences:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3126  See page 4 of thread for Dr. Tomoaki Kato info.
Major USA Cancer Centers:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/majorcancercenters.htm

Jim..to repeat your saying:  Keep the good scans coming.
Thinking of you and sending tons of good wishes your way.
Hugs and love,
Marion

Jim lots of positive thoughts and prayers for you tomorrow!!
Cathy

Jim:
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

Cindy

Jim, thinking of your today!!!!!!!!!!

Jim, positive thoughts and prayers with you today!

Jim:
Good luck today! I'm sending  prayers your way for a good clean scan!

Kris

KrisJ