Topic: First bit of good news

Dad had a mapping done and he is a candidate for sirispheres. He will be the sixth patient at his hospital to receive them, t the first with cc. His doctor was bright from another hospital to start the program. He did theraspheres previously, and did over 24,000 of these procedures there.

We also found out the cancer has not metastasized, which was a big worry considering jow it was growing while on chemo, and it had been 8 weeks since any treatment.

The beads will be injected in the right lobe in 2 weeks, and the left 2 weeks later if dad does okay the first time. I will update when we get an appointment date and time.

Re: First bit of good news

Great, great news! Thanks for letting me wake up to this to start the day!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Wonderful news! I hope the good news continues! Make sure you keep us posted and let us know how great he does with the new treatment! I have a good feeling this will work.

Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Congrats on the good news, like the others, keep us posted on how things work out.

Grover

This is great news, thanks for sharing it with us all! I hope that the procedure goes well for your dad with the best possible outcome. And please let us know how it all goes.

Best wishes to you and your dad,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Congratulations! Positive start, hope they get it scheduled as soon as possible to get the ball rolling.

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (16) and Sydney (14)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Congrats!!!! Keep posting the positive!!!
Lots of prayers-Cathy

So happy for all of you. Hoping for success with his treatments. Take care.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Update, Dad's procedure (for the first lobe) is March 1.

I wish your dad all the best with the procedure. Prayers being sent!!
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Erin...thanks for letting us know.  Fingers are crossed and good wishes are heading your way.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks for this Erin. I'll be keeping everything crossed for your dad and hope for the best possible outcome. Please let us know how it goes. Positive thoughts coming your way.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.