Topic: Phase II Study of Adjuvant Chemotherapy Comprising Capecitabine and Ge

Phase II Study of Adjuvant Chemotherapy Comprising Capecitabine and Gemcitabine Hydrochloride Followed By Capecitabine and Radiotherapy in Patients With Extrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma of the Gallbladder or Bile Duct

http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/se … d=10123547

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Phase II Study of Adjuvant Chemotherapy Comprising Capecitabine and Ge

Thanks, Gavin. 
Note: Disease has to be extrahepatic,
Patient has to have undergone potentially curative radical resection within 56 days
Those with microscopically positive margins are included
resected lympnodes (regional) can be positive

Due to the fact that this is a rather large, multi-institutional study, patients should have a high likelihood of finding a center nearby.

For those contemplating speaking with their physicians please, know that clinical trials (first and foremost) are designed to further research into a specific disease. 
The benefit of entering into a clinical trial “may” allow for the possibility of benefitting from such study. 
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks for that Marion,

Hugs and love to you too,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

They are no longer enrolling negative margins (R0) patients.

Quote:

R0 stratum closed as of 12-15-11

The trial is still open to positive margins (R1) patients.

Eli...thanks for pointing this out.  Negative margins patients have reached the accrual strata hence the trial remains open only to the positive margins patients.
It appears that this trial will reach complete accrual status within the next few months.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER