Topic: Great news for us: grant to create CC tissue bank

TargetCancer awarded a $32,000 grant to create the TargetCancer Cholangiocarcinoma Cell Line Bank at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH).

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/target … 2012-02-08

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Great news for us: grant to create CC tissue bank

Great news indeed Marion!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

It is a start, Gavin. And, it feels good.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion, this is DYNOMITE!!!!!!!!!! I will rephrase the Etta James song, "At Last".
At last, our cure has come along. Let's put our CC where it belongs..............

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

It sure does feel good! Great things can come from small acorns.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Wonderful!! smile

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Gavin...the poet is awakening in you. You are full of surprises. Love it.

This is great news indeed!

I wonder if the new bank will collect samples only from Massachusetts General patients. I hope they will cooperate with other hospitals, so the bank can grow as fast as possible.

I will be in contact with Mass. Gen. in re: to the particulars, but discussions have been ongoing regarding the tissue sampling, the handling, and the storing of such tissue.
Hugs and love,
Marion

I just sent this link to both my Oncologist and Surgeon, especially because I have a resection scheduled for March 1.  Maybe I can be a contributor, who knows, I can help others in the future.

Thanks for the info Marions.

Praying for us all,  Grover

Hey, Grover, you are one of our Heroes and we will take any piece of you we can get....be it a post, in person meet up, or like you say you may be the one to help all the rest!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Grover...let me know what you find out. I am still trying to reach Dr. Nabeel Bardeesy, Harward.  Of course I will share all info. 
Hugs and love,
Marion