Topic: Tumors are shirnking!

We seen Dr. Javle today, and my tumors are shrinking. He seemed to be pleased with how the chemo is working for me. The radiology report even said that some tumors might be necrosis. MD Anderson still said no to surgery, but we will be talking to other doctors as well.
Keep praying for us!

For right now, we will stay on Gemzar and Cisplatin for another 3 months. After that, we will go back to MDA for another CT scan.

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Re: Tumors are shirnking!

YEA- I had been looking on FB for news!
Lots of prayers -Cathy

YEA!!!  You Go Tiff!!! Put on those pink boxing gloves and keep punching away!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Congratulations Tiff, great news.  Praying for you and the family for continued success in this battle.

Grover

Tiff...shrinkage and necrotic....beautiful words.  Congratulations.  I am thrilled to hear the news.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Tiff:
I am so happy to hear the good news! I just knew you were going to post positive news!!! I'm so happy for you and I bet you are on cloud nine!
Good luck with a search for a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion. Whatever it takes until you are comfortable with what you are being told.
I know living with this is scary, but just remember 2 months ago I was inoperable and now I'm looking at a resection in the near future. So you never know.
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Congratulaions Tiffany!  Will continue to pray for shrinkage!

Cindy

That is WONDERFUL news!! Who needs operations with all this shrinkage?? Let´s shrink it to a small small raisin of old necrotic tissue! And change that old truth that inoperable is incurable.

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Congratulations! I love coming here and reading success stories!

Dear Tiff,

I am so glad to hear that your tumors are shrinking; I bet you are walking on cloud nine.  Go out and celebrate life, and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.  I love hearing good news!!  PeggyP

Thanks everyone! We are very happy, and are praying the chemo will keep working.

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

What awesome news for you!

So the doctors and prognosis can be wrong. We are told with some of these conditions that we shouldn't be too optimistic, but hey, so many of us are proving that tumors can shrink, that those abnormal cells can die, that the necrotic tissue can break up and that our bodies can overcome the cancer. It teaches the patient and loved ones so much abut life and relationships. It changes us all to not take a day for granted. I love to hear all this positive stuff. YOU GO GIRL !