1 (edited by Lalupes Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:35:49)

Topic: I've started at the Hospice's Carers' Group

We chat and draw and drink tea and eat biscuits.  I never realised how effective drawing could be for someone who can't draw smile

Since then, my head has cleared a bit and my photographs have taken a new direction.

I saw an image in my mind, which seemed to sum up my cc experience, so I recreated it photographically and have put it on AMMF's FB page.  I'd love to put it up here, too, to see if it means anything to you, but I don't know how.  In the hope this link works, here it is:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= … 357b91c704

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: I've started at the Hospice's Carers' Group

Dear Julia,

I understand what your photo is saying and I feel that way too. Please read my post in Member's Cafe entitled Lauren's precious nurse. I think you will relate to that as well. I am happy that you have found a group that helps you. I want to be British and talk the way you do and eat biscuits and drink tea. That is so awesome. I feel that we Americans have boring voices. I love Bristish accents and could listen to you speak all day. We don't eat biscuits and drink tea much, either. Well, we drink tea, just not the way you folks make it. I doubt you just dunk a tea bag or drink iced tea. Well take care my fascinating British friend.  I pray for your dear sister and you. God bless.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

What an absolutely gorgeous response, Pam.  Thank you so much big_smile

I will pop to the cafe now and drink an iced tea with you.

My love to you and Lauren, too.

Julia x

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Julia,

What a great picture! And thats great that you are going to the hospice carers group. I am sure that you will get lots out of it, and hey, the tea and biscuits always helps as well! Theres nothing like a good brew and a blether after all!

Hugs,

Gavin

PS - The link works fine.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Deaqr Julia, the picture is awesome and very profound! It feels so good when we find a place to land!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.