Topic: Fancy doing a parachute jump?

How about this for a fundraiser, a parachute jump. I know I know, been done tons of times before so hardly original. But........do this one and it would certainly take raising awareness to a whole new level or orbit!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16908004

Volunteers form an orderly queue please!  wink

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Fancy doing a parachute jump?

Gavin, that is wild!!! I would toss my cookies if I did that!  For Teddy's 70th I did get him a Balloon ride! How about jumping a fence going boing, boing????

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

A balloon ride sounds so good! I tried to organise one for my dads birthday as he would have loved to do one. But when the companies doing them found out he had cancer they wouldn't take him. Grrrr..... But when his day care group found out about that, they organised horse riding lessons for him and he loved that even more!

Think I would be tossing my cookies as well if I did that jump! But if I did it, I'd make sure I landed back on earth on your side of the fence! Would save having to go boing!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

G. You are tooooo funny. I can tell Mum feels better my old Gavin has returned!
I DO remember the pictures you posted of Dad on the horse! A real Gentleman! BTW no one would be happier than me if my son from another mother landed in my backyard.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

One day Lainy, one day. Then you can show me how you make your chicken paprikash, and I'll get to taste it too! I'll bring some haggis for you too!!   big_smile

With mum right now it is 1 step forwards and about 3 back. Not a great start to the week. Grrr...... Really annoying for mum as she was making good progress over the weekend considering what she's been through these last few months. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

Yes my dad looked good on the horse and these are some of the best pics I have of him too. Not quite John Wayne but hey, you can only learn so much in a few months!

Hope things are goodf for you right now.

Hugs,

Gavin

I would do a parachute jump, but NOT one like that!  Too high and too dangerous! It's one of the things on my bucket list...

Margaret