Topic: What Is Love?

LOVE is a 19 year old Granddaughter posting to you at 1100PM from NAU telling you that she thought about her Papa (Teddy) all day today, misses him still so much and sends a picture of herself wearing his favorite sweater!
What was your love today? Remember love has no boundaries! And I'm supposed to fall asleep now? Think I will just sit here and look at her in Papa's sweater awhile.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: What Is Love?

LOVE to me is my two children, they will never know how much I do love them.

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Love to me TODAY is my oldest daughter, Kristen, calling me at 8:30 this morning all excited to tell me that she has been chosen as a Chief Resident in Anesthesia at U of M Hospitals. Love to me was sitting at lunch outside at Grinders with my daughter, Lauren, looking all beautiful in her new wig. Love to me is knowing my son, Ryan, is bettering his life by going to college and getting a good education. Love to me is knowing my husband, Mark,goes to work every day to provide a good life for us even though he is devastated that his little girl has cancer and wants to spend every waking moment with her. Who knows what my loves will be tomorrow. We only have today for sure.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I LOVE the LOVE stories!! You learn very quickly under situations like ours that love can NEVER be measured!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Love to me is my husband Kevin standing by my side for every treatment, scan, chemo, bad news/good news, and doctors' appointments..for holding me when I am crying in bed at night when I get scared and tell him I don't want to leave him.  Love to me are my two daughters who expect me to get through everything because they KNOW I will.  Love to me is this site where so many people I don't know prop me up when I am down and celebrate with me when I get good news.

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

LOVE is my beautiful 2 year old daughter taking my face in her hands when I walked in from work last night and saying "You had a good day at work today Mommy?  I love you", and gently kissing my cheek.  She's normally the fiesty red-head running circles around us, but I swear kids know when we need something and that moment was needed smile

I am having a HARD time lately, missing Dad like crazy.  It comes in spurts, but there is stuff going on and I can't help but wish I could talk to him about it.  Just 5 minutes, it's all I want.  I know what he'd say, and I can even hear him saying it in my head, but I miss him so very much right now.  I have been thinking too much about those last days when it seemed like he so desperately wanted to say something and couldn't speak, and I have been thinking and hoping like crazy that he didn't feel alone when he passed.  I say crazy because I read back on those last few days and I KNOW he didn't feel alone, they were beautiful in some mad way.  I was listening to music last night, and a song came on that somehow made me feel a lot better... the main part of the song is:

When my legs no longer carry
And the warm wind chills my bones
I reach for Mother Mary
And I shall not walk alone

When I'm tired and weary
And a long way from home
I reach for Mother Mary
And I shall not walk alone
I shall not walk alone.

He wasn't alone for one second of his journey.  LOVE is knowing he's with me, even if I can't have that conversation I so desperately wish I could have. 

I think of you all daily, and pray for every person on this site. 

Jen

Dearest Jen, I know what you are feeling but don't think for one second that your Dad didn't know how loved he was and don't think for one second that he doesn't know whatever is happening, you will get through it and make the right decisions. In the last week I found an apartment which is what I wanted so desperately and there was Teddy...he had already chosen it!!! You can ask my daughter, sister and brother-in-law. They all witnessed it. I think I posted about it Saturday. I would like to add to this thread that LOVE is also meeting people like you! When someone is missing a loved one I always think of these 2:

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain,
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.                   By Mary Elizabeth Frye

•    I wish heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again.     
•    I thought of you today, but that is nothing new.
•    I thought about you yesterday, and days before that too.
•    I think of you in silence, I often speak your name.
•    All I have are memories and pictures in a frame.
•    Your memory is a keepsake, from which I'll never part.
•    God has you in his arms...I have you in my heart

Hi Lainy,

Thanks - I know you are absolutely right, and the "stuff" going on is really not important in the scheme of things (just some decisions I need to make about work - it's one of those things I would call him about to ask his opinion) - I know what he'd say, but it would be nice to hear it from his mouth, instead of just in my head smile

I also know you are right - he absolutely knew he was loved, was never alone, and is still watching over us.   I read the story about Teddy and the apartment, and I LOVE it.  I'm sure it'll be a great place, especially since it was very clearly chosen by him! 

Thanks Lainy - I'm feeling much better today about everything.