Topic: Davis Family

I have not been too involved with this site, but I do read a lot and used the chat site today. I also have a caringbridge site for my mother who has cc. Things have taken a turn for the worse, so I really see the benefits of this support network now.

The site is www.caringbridge.org. The site name is: grandmamaof4, and the password is also: grandmamaof4.

I will be posting and chatting more as time allows. This has been a great resource for me, and I think that it will be a good support group in the future.

Katherine

2 (edited by JeffG Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:24:50)

Re: Davis Family

Hi Katherine,  This has been a great site of support for me.  I'm sorry to hear your grandmama has had a turn for the worse.  A prayer of support is coming your way.  If you would like to chat anytime feel free to set a date and time and we can connect up.
God Bless,
Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2007 07:15 PM, CST

Connie Davis passed away peacefully early this morning.

Dearest Katherine and Davis family,

Katherine this is Marianne.  We spoke a few weeks ago in the chat room.  I'm so sorry for your family's loss.  My heart is full of empathy for what you are going through.  I'm sure it was a hard Christmas, but I hope your home was filled with a beautiful spirit that brought peace.  I am available if you ever need to talk.  May God's peace, love and spirit abide with your family during this very difficult time. 

All my love and sympathy,
Marianne

Katherine and Davis Family,

So Sorry to hear of Your GrandMama's passing. You are all in my thoughts, and I wish you the strength to remember all the good times and always keep her alive in your hearts forever.
Thanks for lighting a candle for my Dad on his memorial site, it just does my heart good, and is helping me to finally grieve.

Much Love and Comfort Coming your Way,
Lisa

So sorry to hear of your loss.  Glad you found this webiste so now you have friends to share with.  What a tough time to lose a loved one but hope you have many happy memorites to keep her alive in your heart.  We will pray for you during this hard time.  God Bless  Mary Anne and Joe

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Prayers and blessings to you and your family.  So sorry for your loss.
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Thanks to all of you who have had us (the Davis family) in your thoughts and prayers. I have not posted much on the site but have read many posts that I wanted to respond to but haven't figured out how to get my words straight. When my mother was first diagnosed in 8/07, some of the things that I read on the site tended to "burst my bubble" or "rain on my positive parade," so I just quit posting and even deleted some of my posts because I didn't want my mother finding what I had posted and then seeing a negative response that may have gotten her down. She fought valiantly until her last breath as so many of your loved ones do. In fact, she slipped away when we had gone home to get some rest. The doctor didn't expect her to pass that night, but I think that she went when she thought that it would hurt us the least.

For those of you who are fortunate enough to still be fighting yourselves or with loved ones, do not be discouraged. There are answers and treatments and joy ahead for those who are in God's will to make it. And for the rest of us, we have to remember how much our loved ones fought to stay here with us and that joy will return to our lives in time. Our loved ones would want that for us. My mother was at peace with death, I know for sure, but she still did not want to leave us behind, and that was the reason that she told the doctor even in her final weeks, "I know what will happen if I do nothing, so what other treatments do you have for me???..."

Love,
Katherine

Katherine - Your mother sounds like a strong person who did all she could to remain with her family.  I'm sorry for your loss and pray you and your family find strength and peace in the days ahead.

Juanita

Katherine- My sincere condolences.  Her beautiful memories will last forever.
God Bless,
Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)