Topic: Sometimes the moment just isn't right......

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/edito … -23813411/

Oh well, there's always next year!

Hugs to all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Sometimes the moment just isn't right......

Thanks Percy! These Pandas are big news in Scotland right now and they are always in the news here! They were donated to Scotland by the Chinese late last year and they are the only panda's in the whole of the UK. We have them here for the next decade and they are big stars! Hoping to get to see them myself at some point this year. Every move they make or don't make in this instance is followed very closely by our media!

Maybe next year!!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I'll have to do my best to make it to Edinburgh to see them. I wonder how long the queues are, though ... :-/

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

The queues are lonnnng Julia! I'm sure that the Panda's would love to meet you and your iPad up here in Edinburgh! But, if you do plan on getting up here then make sure that you book a viewing time slot to see them. The time slot is free but it has to be booked well in advance as i understand it.

http://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/visiting/panda.html

In the meantime.......we have Panda Cam to see what they are up too!

http://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/pandacam.html

One of them seems to be sleeping right now!!! :-)

Hugs,

Gavin

I take it a queue is what we call a line? I just love the way you Scottish and British people talk. Gavin, I loved the article and the video. I think I might go now and enjoy a spot of tea!! Take care.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Wow, Gavin, am I getting old, so now they call it frolicking! Interesting at any rate. Come on over and we will blether about it! I have room for you at the table tomorrow night!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Ooh did someone mention a brew!! Milk and 2 sugars in mine please Pam!! :-) Nothing like a good brew, beats a beer any day of the week for me!! Glad that you liked the video and the articles Pam and I hope you enjoyed your spot of tea too!

Thats a whole year that the panda's will have to wait until they do some frolicking again! No wonder there are so few of them left in the wild now. I'll jump over for a blether and you can get the kettle on! As usual, we'd have tons to blether about!! I'll bring the milk!

Hugs,

Gavin

8 (edited by Lalupes Sat, 07 Apr 2012 13:02:47)

Thank you for those links, Gavin!! I can't see the PandaCam itself on the iPad, but I'll look forward to checking it out on the pc.

Tea, biscuits and a blether sound great to me, too big_smile

[P.S. I had to edit this because my predictive text didn't like "blether" wink]

A blether, a brew and a biscuit. You can't beat that! Or as we could say up here, "Yi Cannae beat that! ;-)

Ha! So the biggest company in the world has lost out on 2 counts tonight....

It's products can't be used to view Panda Cam....and it doesn't know what a "blether" is either! ;-)

Tut Tut.....

Ha, ha...love it.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Touché, Gavin!! You've skewered the Apple nicely big_smile

Ha Julia! But I still want one of these Apple type thingy's at some point! Maybe iPad4 will have a "blether" app....;)

Gavin, I read this on Twitter today (can't get a grip on Twitter, I'm much more a Facebook gal, but I do find interesting snippets on it at times) and immediately thought of your Panda-Thread:

Tweet from The QI Elves (@qikipedia)

"Edinburgh Zoo had to erect glass panels after their penguins began pooing on people waiting to see the pandas"

Lol big_smile

This is too funny.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

HA, HA!  I can just see that picture! Too funny!
Puts new meaning to the movie, "Happy Feet".

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi FB Gal!

Yep, what you read is true! The penguins used to be and have been the star attraction at the zoo for decades. But....they seem to have got hacked off with all of the attention that the panda's got since they arrived. So, they started flipping their poo over the fence at some of the zoo visitors once they'd done their business!! Must be the penguins way of protesting over something, either that or it's their jealous streak coming out!!!

The penguins get out for a walkabout every day at the zoo and this used to be thye main attraction as can be seen here in these vids -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Io_R3- … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRFQqagaAs8

Seeing the penguin parade is great, and I first saw it when my parents took me to the zoo for the first time when I was about 4 or something. Alas, I wasn't happy enough with just seeing the penguins walking in front of me......I charged into the middle of them as a 4 year old might do closely followed by my dad shouting at me and trying to grab me.. but missing!! big_smilebig_smile

Maybe the next Happy Feet film should have poo flipping penguins in it!!!

This is a photo album of mine on FB from a visit we had to Edinburgh zoo a few years ago, and it has some pics of it of the penguin parade. We had to keep a very tight grip of my little cousin Arran to stop him grabbing a penguin!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … 64353840d3

Thankfully the penguins were still then the star attractions so no poo was thrown at us!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-e … e-16270214

Gavin, fun photos and I will take  Arran over the animals! He is so cute. Love the one with the ice cream cone.
I have something to tell you. On a picture of a lion laying down there is an ORB on his mane. If this was after your Dad passed it was probably him, if not another family member. That is quite a good ORB.